• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

makes no sense unless he needs to be closer to home. Can't imagine Syracuse is an option for him now either.

Where is he going?

What happened? He seemed a lock to start and get a lot of minutes. We needed him to average about 12/5.

Yeah, I'm curious as to why this is occurring. I guess we'll see when the official announcement comes out. Maybe he'll pull an Andre and change his mind. Maybe it's academics, who knows.

Did Manning give the 'limited minutes' convo to the wrong guys?

I didn't know people were legitimately ripping on Manning before we've even played a game. The season doesn't even start until November.

part of recruiting is ensuring your better players stay

Yup, Cav leaving also destroys the ridiculous assertion Wake is better off with Wilbekin than Shelton because "manning realizes the need for shooters".

I didn't know people were legitimately ripping on Manning before we've even played a game. The season doesn't even start until November.

His job started as soon as he walked into his office. Different situation than Clawson, of course, but Clawson came in and immediate did a lot of good things and has been praised for them. Manning's time has been mixed. We lost our most heralded recruit and two of our best returning players (obviously "best" is relative). He brought in a guy who had already committed to him at Tulsa and a post-grad while losing on a few players and potential transfers. He was a glass half-empty/half-full hire and he's done a half-empty/half-full job so far. Meanwhle, Clawson has been pouring out kool-aid filled up to the brim.

Last edited:

I mean... When you don't think it's a great hire and then you lose your best recruit, *one of your best rebounders and most efficient returning player.

Last edited:
yeah i agree we're not exactly losing an all-ACC guy, but it's a strange sign that 2 of the 4 best remaining players (both sure-fire starters) have decided to bounce. unless the staff has some serious talent lined up (we don't know about) it doesn't seem good.

Back