• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

Any one of us still would have let Bzzz go if it meant Cav and Moto would leave with him. Obviously not ideal, but we're still in a better spot than we were two months ago.

Manning needs to hit on a couple of top 100 recruits and start building some momentum. If we suck next year AND we aren't doing much on the recruiting front, then its going to be hellish.

I mean... When you don't think it's a great hire and then you lose your best recruit, best rebounder and most efficient returning player.

This why some stats make little sense. I always like Cav. Losing him is really going to hurt. But the reality is he's only our third best option on offense. You'd think the "most efficient"player would be better than that. This "stat"is very deceiving.

BTW, we didn't lost our best rebounder. Devin is that person.

Let's face it... this team has not been good for years. The environment around the players and staff had been toxic. The team wasn't going to be good this year even without the transfers. If Manning thinks he needs to burn it all to the ground in order to rebuild it stronger, he may be right this time around (unlike [Redacted]). It hasn't been all rainbows, but I'm willing to let him coach a game before saying he is a failure.

Could we have missed out on the next Cornelius Hudson?

96538372-noel-shepherd-aka-naz-t-deac-entertains-the-gettyimages.jpg

No Travis, no Coron, no Moto, no Cav, no Shelton

Lol, fuck it all to hell, man

Manning needs to hit on a couple of top 100 recruits and start building some momentum. If we suck next year AND we aren't doing much on the recruiting front, then its going to be hellish.

Then the new AD can come in and clean up the mess.

Yeah, I'm curious as to why this is occurring. I guess we'll see when the official announcement comes out. Maybe he'll pull an Andre and change his mind. Maybe it's academics, who knows.
Nah, Cav got admitted into the business school. He's a really good student. Definitely not academics.

Shit, we might actually be worse than we were last year. Not pleasant to think about, but damn it. Travis, Coron, Moto, and Cav. Four of the six best player's on last year's team, and the three best shooters.

We're going to need a pleasant surprise from someone to match next year's win total, unfortunately. It's sure looking like we are significantly less talented than we were last year. Manning will obviously be a better coach than [name redacted], but enough to offset the talent differential? I don't think so. And last year's team didn't exactly have an overwhelming amount of talent.

Had everyone returned who could have, we would have struggled to reach the same record we had last year. After losing Moto, a .500 season would have taken a lot of luck.

Fuckin' A we are a pathetic fanbase. Bitch like motherfuckers to get Bzdel!k out of here- he's gone. Get a new coach, and maybe not the top pick(s) but he brings a pedigree more impressive than recent history. And Manning will at least be in the national media's conversation with the hiring of former players to be coaches being all the rage now, especially in the NBA. Fuck, some of you queens act like you just thought getting Bzdel!k out of here would solve things overnight. I'm not reverting to the good old days of LOWF- I was here during Coach Caldwell's time. I know LOWF. But you have to be at least slightly goddamned reasonable. Take a Midol for Christsakes.

Had everyone returned who could have, we would have struggled to reach the same record we had last year. After losing Moto, a .500 season would have taken a lot of luck.

No we wouldn't have. [Redacted] was an awful college coach. Awful.

Though I guess that depends on if Wellman set up the same kind of cream puff schedule for next year he gave [Redacted].

It looks like Manning is acting like his college coach and mentor, Larry Brown. He's being a tough guy.

Anyone who is losing their mind about Manning this early is a whining moron who knows nothing about basketball.

Shit, we might actually be worse than we were last year. Not pleasant to think about, but damn it. Travis, Coron, Moto, and Cav. Four of the six best player's on last year's team, and the three best shooters.

We're going to need a pleasant surprise from someone to match next year's win total, unfortunately. It's sure looking like we are significantly less talented than we were last year. Manning will obviously be a better coach than [name redacted], but enough to offset the talent differential? I don't think so. And last year's team didn't exactly have an overwhelming amount of talent.
I'd be surprised if we're as good as we were last year. Not sure what the OOC schedule will be, but 5-13 seems to be the most likely ACC record. Maybe 6-12.

No we wouldn't have. [Redacted] was an awful college coach. Awful.

Though I guess that depends on if Wellman set up the same kind of cream puff schedule for next year he gave [Redacted].

There's no question we greatly upgraded our coaching, but that doesn't change certain things.

Here are few reasons why:

We beat Duke and UNC last year. There's no way that's happening this year.

The league overall will be better.

We lost our two biggest outside threats. We lost two of our top four scorers.

Losing Moto meant we lost two of our Top 4 rebounders. This is a huge weakness.

Coron and Travis were our best outside threats. The opposition could sag to make it very difficult for Devin to have room to score.

Our three point shooting is a bigger weakness this year than it was last year.

We are going to be hot garbage next year. But we have opened up some space in the recruiting classes. Manning now needs to go out and land a top 15-20 class for 2015.

Back