• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

It is f'ing June! What took so long to decide to transfer?

I am a little surprised and wish Tyler well. However if someone can't or won't fit into Manning's system, let them leave now and see if the team that Manning can build will be successful. I'm not sure we would have been that good this year anyway. Ultimately the coach will be judged on wins and losses. I will reserve judgment until I see how they play this year and how well he recruits for the future.

If Cav doesn't fit into DM's system, then why would he bring in Leonard? Leonard is, much like Cav, an offensive-minded player who hangs out around the 3 point line.

So go chase more playing time, perhaps conference "stardom" at a MAAC school (a guess - accepted that there very well may be something family-related going on here) over sticking it out with a shot at solid playing time while attending a prestigious business school. I'm sure Tyler will be fine in life regardless but the decision seems shortsighted. You go chase the professional basketball dream - the odds are with you.

What does Danny Manning know about being a 6'9/6'10 big anyway.

Nah, Cav got admitted into the business school. He's a really good student. Definitely not academics.

The combination of being admitted to biz school and added PT and Manning's coaching makes this baffling.

Oh well. Need a few more to balance the scholarships.

Exactly. We were going to suck donkey dick this year anyway (thanks, Wellman), and this positions us better for subsequent years.

And on the bright side, now we won't have to pay to replace the rims in the Joel so soon.

51003760.jpg

Moto transferring caught me by surprise but this is a total WTF transfer. I do not get this at all.

Curious, any word on that 2014 6'10" Greek kid that's supposed to be visiting? Has that happened or is it in the near future?

@bloggersodear confirmed it, good enough for me

Not confirmed as of now. I am as surprised as anyone here. We need to chill out until we hear something definite.

Coach Danny Manning confirmed Friday afternoon that Cavanaugh, who started 22 games last season as a sophomore, will transfer, but Cavanaugh’s destination is unknown. He is the third Wake Forest player to ask for his release since Manning was named the head coach in April.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/basketball/cavanaugh-leaving-deacons/article_c108bfe2-f32e-11e3-8d12-0017a43b2370.html

Wellman should be sued for malpractice based on the damage that his Bzz hire caused. If Wake b-ball was a company, it would have been liquidated by now.

All of this. The bullshit spewed by Wellman the past four years is being exposed. As if there were any doubt.

So our lineup is something like:

Codi/Wilbekin/Madison
Overton/Rondale/Hudson?
McClinton/Rountree
Leonard/Green
Thomas/Washington

Woof, that is bad.

I don't think that lineup is that bad actually.

I do think losing Cav is a much bigger loss than most on here are giving it credit for.

Who is scoring for us, Numbers?

Codi - 13
Devin - 12
Leonard - 8
McClinton - 7
???
???
???

Wilbekin around 5 or 6, maybe more out of necessity, Overton with 5-7, maybe more as well.

I agree scoring will be an issue. It will be a challenge to find a good lineup. Starters will be playing a lot of minutes and the young guys will be thrown into the fire.

Wilbekin around 5 or 6, maybe more out of necessity, Overton with 5-7, maybe more as well.

I agree playing basketball will be an issue. It will be a challenge to find a good lineup. Starters will be playing a lot of minutes and the young guys will be thrown into the fire.

Minor edit based on the state in which [Redacted] left us. Cav was not a bad player, and he only took up two more years of scholly space. I don't see a positive spin to this, really, although no doubt we would have sucked next year with him as well.

Back