• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

A lot of people are overreacting to Cav's departure. How many wins do you think Cav would be responsible for next year? Two? Three? His departure won't be the difference between Wake being a good team versus a mediocre team, or a mediocre team versus a bad team. It may take us from an "average" team to a "slightly below average" team, but does that really matter in the long run? Better to have the scholarship for some of the high-profile recruits we're going after in '15.

Cav stink, stank, stunk. I'm glad Manning is taking out the trash. Anyone crappy enough to get an offer from Bzz and brain-damaged enough to want to play for him shouldn't be part of our long-term plan.

Cav stink, stank, stunk. I'm glad Manning is taking out the trash. Anyone crappy enough to get an offer from Bzz and brain-damaged enough to want to play for him shouldn't be part of our long-term plan.

If this keeps up our long term plan is in decades, not years.

I can promise you whoever replaces Moto and Cav the next two years will not reach the stats that Moto and Cav had the past two years.

I can promise you whoever replaces Moto and Cav the next two years will not reach the stats that Moto and Cav had the past two years.

Speaking of brain-damaged...

So you are taking Moto and Cav's stats from 2012/13 and 2013/14 and putting them up against any two recruits' numbers from 2015/16 and 2016/17?

Good luck with that.

I think everyone is concerned that the worst of the worst has decided to stay while the best of the worst has moved on. I think Cav sucked and have made that known. I'm just concerned that person backing him up must be really bad.

I was hoping Manning would keep 4 of the 7 man class and encourage the obvious guys to relocate. That hasn't been the case.

I think everyone is concerned that the worst of the worst has decided to stay while the best of the worst has moved on. I think Cav sucked and have made that known. I'm just concerned that person backing him up must be really bad.

I was hoping Manning would keep 4 of the 7 man class and encourage the obvious guys to relocate. That hasn't been the case.

Yeah this is fine to wish for but practically speaking it makes no sense. Better players have more choices of where to transfer. It's not like we've lost any major contributors or irreplaceable guys. I really liked Moto and was sad to see him go, but in the long run, none of this attrition hurts us much.

I'm glad Ron Wellman had Wake Forest's best interests at heart when he hired Bz. We can get better players than Cav and Moto, but this proves that Ron's Bzaster was not just four years, but likely six or seven. Hopefully Manning scores a few good ones for 2015-2016. We need to get better fast or we will get (even more) forgotten fast.

Cav and Moto combined for 15/9 per game last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see McClinton and Leonard do a little better immediately. But you can promise the opposite not only this year but the following as well?

Amazing how much everyone "knows" and "promises" and "guarantees" prior to Manning having coached a single minute at Wake yet.

We all knew before Manning was hired that we had a dumpster fire on our hands and that resurrecting the program depended 100% on Manning's ability to recruit better players. I don't think anybody believed that Manning was going to take the current crew and coach them up into a contender (or if they did, they were #dense). It doesn't matter who transfers or stays, Manning's success or failure at WFU is all about recruits. A turnaround can happen very, very quickly in college ball - just look at UVA.

I mean at first you're going to pretend to forget about him, you'll not post about him, I don't know, whatever... but then eventually, you really will forget about him.

This is an excellent pinocha impression but it needs more expletives

So basically we have 4 big men right now. One of them is coming off of 2 ACL injuries, and the coach has said he is hoping for a few minutes a game from him. Lord help us if Devin or Leonard get in foul trouble or get injured. We may see McClinton or Rountree at the 4. Christ. Still think we'll have another post grad big man before this is all said and done.

So basically we have 4 big men right now. One of them is coming off of 2 ACL injuries, and the coach has said he is hoping for a few minutes a game from him. Lord help us if Devin or Leonard get in foul trouble or get injured. We may see McClinton or Rountree at the 4. Christ. Still think we'll have another post grad big man before this is all said and done.
031614_Ron_Wellman_640x360.jpg

I didn't expect it but i mentioned it as a possibility during the season. Players with decent options are usually the ones that transfer.

Players with decent options don't play for Buzz.

#channelingmyinnerphdeac

It would have been nice to have a Colorado-eque turnaround with Bz's departure, but it's no real surprise that it's not to be. Hopefully, it will put to rest the "foundation" crap.

Back