• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What should happen to Irsay?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Goodell has taken forever to act on this. Irsay is hardly a virgin for such events. If he was a player, he'd be suspended already. NFLPA Director DeMaurice Smith is 100% correct to be outraged.

Josh Gordon got suspended for a year for a second pot infraction. Mathis got six games for taking a fertility drug to get his wife pregnant and she did get pregnant during that period.

Irsay has had other problems in the past. For Goodell to have any credibility Irsay should be suspended for a year, but that's not any real hit to his pocketbook. If Josh Gordon can lose all of his pay for a year for smoking pot twice, Irsay should have the same penalty. He should lose all NFL TV and shared revenues for the year.

I think he should also lose at least a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

I think it's unfair that Irsay is forced to take the punishment, he should be allowed to appoint anyone active in the organization to take the punishment for him.

rj arent OWNERS not part of the PA whereas those bylaws regarding substance abuse and suspensions are enforced?

sure its a black eye on the NFL and the commish will suspend him a few games to save face; but this is really not a big deal. if DUI was an issue for roger, why was josh brent allowed on the sidelines of an nfl game after killing his teammate?

Last edited:
towlie, so no matter what an owner does, he should face no discipline whatsoever? They should have no punishment?

If you buy a Subway or McD's, part of your franchise agreement includes punishment against owners for doing wrong. But it seems you NFL owners to have no responsibility for their actions.

while i agree something will happen to "make a point," i think goddell has an issue by doing nothing with josh brent to keep him away from his team. he did something much worse; and also wasnt aldon smith recently arrested for DUI and weapons charge? was he suspended? i believe he played the very next week

Smith went to rehab to avoid an indefinite suspension.

But you didn't answer the question. You don't think Irsay should be fined and suspended?

Give the Colts name and pre 1983 history back to Baltimore. The Irsay apple clearly didn't fall far from the tree.

This Irsay is much cooler than his dad. All in all, he's very well liked, but this recent issue is certainly a black eye. I haven't read his most recent interviews in the Indy Star with Bob Kravitz, bu based on the headlines, sounds like Irsay did not apologize. That won't play well with Midwesterners.

I suspect the commissioner is going to be heavy handed.

Back