• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banned: RJKarl

NO PERMISSION!

But seriously, the mods need to be consistent.

In all seriousness, past posting history and/or demeanor should be considered. It goes back to the core "don't be a douchebag" concept of these boards. I think I'm more impressed that they still haven't banned him for life than I am concerned about their supposed double standards.

In all seriousness, past posting history and/or demeanor should be considered. It goes back to the core "don't be a douchebag" concept of these boards. I think I'm more impressed that they still haven't banned him for life than I am concerned about their supposed double standards.

Oh I agree. Unfortunately too many posters get their jollies by egging him on. If enough people thought the board would be better without him, he'd be gone.

The real life stuff here gets real old and the mods do little about it.

I'm interested in the real life stuff you're referencing. RJ managed to whip up a ban for someone posting a video for a company for which he sought out advice on these boards. I don't see much real life info on here going unpunished. I say this, of course, as both a #usualsuspect and a dude who has brought his own real life onto these boards in the past.

I think my personal philosophy on that end is, if you bring your real name onto the boards, you lose the right to complain about a lack of privacy. That's how I've always felt about people using my personal information, and that's the way the boards have operated at least in relation to the Strattons. RJ (and maybe Lectro) is the only one who really gets special treatment in that respect.

Because fair or not, he's just run out of advocates by wearing us all down. We determined it was a bannable offense and banned him. Have we let other bannable offenses go in the past, when we shouldn't have? Probably. Some of those instances have been previous RJ flareups. Maybe we should've banned him (and/or others) then, and this would've been avoided. Who knows. Best we can hope for is that this impacts the future for the better. Or something.

This was written about a 60+ year old man.

Agree with this. RJ could probably get banned a couple of times a month just for his general demeanor.

Agree with this. RJ could probably get banned a couple of times a month just for his general demeanor.

What does this mean? "General demeanor." RJK was almost a mod for these boards and these boards have suffered the consequences of that asshole DV7's decision to blackball sweet prince RJ!!

My understanding is all the other mods were on board with RJ being a mod except DV7. And we are still paying the price.

Hurry back, RJK. These boards desperately need you around.

so i genuinely don't give a shit about rj getting banned, and think it'll be nice to have him gone for a few days, but is this a hard and fast rule now? see my links above to the dozens and dozens of times it has happened previously on the boards.

like i said, i don't blame y'all for banning him, i wouldn't wanna have to deal with his shit all the time, just curious why it applies now for the first time ever

Townie is scared that he won't be able to post his "just kill yourself" tags anymore.

when RJK returns, I fear he may be crestfallen when he discovers what little, if any, outrage has resulted from his so called illegitimate banning.

even the boards' resident weeping millennial meat curtains sides with the mods here

RJ is a pain in the ass, but is far, far, far, far less abusive to other posters than Lectro.

Why isn't Lectro banned is my only question. I agree with 923

He's actually been banned in the past, he just isnt currently. If there are any specific instances that are banworthy, shoot one of us a PM. We can only address what we see, so we rely on notifications from posters quite often to compensate for what we miss.

Can banned users read the message boards?

Appears so...just noticed that his little light is green while catching up on our shitty basketball recruiting:

r2uic1.png

Can banned users read the message boards?
No. When you sign in, you're given a message something along the lines of "You have been banned for the following reason: yada yada yada." Can't navigate/read the boards at all.

Back