• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banned: RJKarl

For what it's worth, this vote was unanimous, and mod votes are almost never unanimous.

Personally, I tried not to consider RJ's past history of being involved in 86% of board dust-ups, but am willing to admit that there's no doubt that subconsciously it was there. He's always involved in issues. That's just a fact, Jacks.

And if he thinks coming back and bitching after three days is the right move, he should reconsider his options.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, this vote was unanimous, and mod votes are almost never unanimous.

Personally, I tried not to consider RJ's past history of being involved in 86% of board dust-ups, but am willing to admit that there's no doubt that subconsciously it was there. He's always involved in issues. That's just a fact, Jacks.

And if he thinks coming back and bitching after three days is the right move, he should reconsider his options.

so i genuinely don't give a shit about rj getting banned, and think it'll be nice to have him gone for a few days, but is this a hard and fast rule now? see my links above to the dozens and dozens of times it has happened previously on the boards.

Granted, I'm not a Mod and don't see the inner workings of all of this, but we should remember two things. One, there are a lot of people on the boards who are obsessed with RJ and constantly abuse him. Two and more importantly, this is a WFU sports message board. If all we talk about is WFU sports, it would be boring and depressing. RJ spats, while undoubtedly a pain for Mods, are often great fun to read.

First reply is Townie? LK just made $40 in the mod pool.

I feel like we've had this same argument about subjective calls in the past. Again, certain decisions will have to be subjective. That's the way it's been, is, and will continue to be. We take into account things like: tone and thread trajectory. I personally took into account the fact that RJ never directly apologized to DeacMan (though kept claiming he'd apologized), and the fact that he didn't feel compelled to edit the post in question. His misleading revisionism offended my sensibilities and concern for exactitude.

I think the question is what would RJ have wanted done if Deacman told RJ to kill himself.

I think he would have wanted him banned.

see my links above to the dozens and dozens of times it has happened previously on the boards.

Technically, 22 tags is not dozens and dozens. And the phrase "just kill yourself" only occurs 9 times on the board, at least once quoting and laughing at the tag and another time on this thread. BAN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mods should have stripped rjkarl of all his precious internet reputation points. That would have been much harder for him to take.

like i said, i don't blame y'all for banning him, i wouldn't wanna have to deal with his shit all the time, just curious why it applies now for the first time ever

Because fair or not, he's just run out of advocates by wearing us all down. We determined it was a bannable offense and banned him. Have we let other bannable offenses go in the past, when we shouldn't have? Probably. Some of those instances have been previous RJ flareups. Maybe we should've banned him (and/or others) then, and this would've been avoided. Who knows. Best we can hope for is that this impacts the future for the better. Or something.

Technically, 22 tags is not dozens and dozens. And the phrase "just kill yourself" only occurs 9 times on the board, at least once quoting and laughing at the tag and another time on this thread.

22+9...idk i'm an english guy

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

Three days of RJ stewing about this?

Please notify the board when he is reinstated and get the popcorn ready.

Can banned users read the message boards?

I was trying to think of some of the permabans throughout Wake Sports message board history. Can anyone help me out? I have been part of the community for 11 years now and can only think of my BOY wakefan87.

Back