• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

About that "World's Best Healthcare System" the U.S. is supposed to have...

Since not everyone reads the CT, DD posted this w/o comment but I'll comment that the only actual non gas-bagging data appears to support 2&2.

35jwo3l.jpg

Data from wikipedia. Expenditures is per capita. Diversity is measured by linguistic diversity, which isn't a great measure, but the best I could find. Diversity increases as you go left to right.

now continue gasbagging, because, I guess 2&2 thinks women have small brains....

yessss, thank you for bringing this analysis over here... which actually does nothing to support 2&2.

Since not everyone reads the CT, DD posted this w/o comment but I'll comment that the only actual non gas-bagging data appears to support 2&2.

35jwo3l.jpg

now continue gasbagging, because, I guess 2&2 thinks women have small brains....

Based on the linguistic diversity on wiki, the US is pretty low, and well below Austria. So either this counters 2&2's argument, or the data isn't capturing his argument well.

Plama is just trolling ignore him and instead concentrate on the horrible r squared value and some actual statistics amongst many other things that show 2&2 is wrong.

Just received notice of another 20% increase in health insurance premium. Thanks Obama.

You deductible and your co pays are going up too. Nobody remembers that you could have had good health insurance in 1964 for a tiny percentage of your pay. Of course that was before the government people decided to make health care "affordable".

Just received notice of another 20% increase in health insurance premium. Thanks Obama.

Maybe if your state actually participated in ACA, the rates would have gone much less like in states that have. Your problem is not with ACA it's with your governor and legislature. In states like KY, CA, OR, MN and others, rates aren't spiking.

People forget that before Medicare/Medicaid almost everyone could afford health care and those that could not got charity. Now we all need charity just to pay the deductibles and the copays.

That some serious revisionist history.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/jan/20/was-early-1960s-golden-age-health-care/

In a 1963 survey, patients from the general population were given a list of symptoms and asked whether they had been able to see a physician about them. Among those who reported "pains in the heart," 25 percent said they did not see a physician; for "unexpected bleeding" it was 34 percent; for "shortness of breath," it was 35 percent; for "abdominal pains," it was 31 percent; for "repeated vomiting," it was 40 percent; for "diarrhea for four or five days," it was 38 percent.

"Many people in the U.S. prior to 1965 had very limited access to medical care," said Ronald Andersen, an emeritus professor of health services and sociology at the UCLA School of Public Health who has studied this data since the 1960s and provided the data to us. "This situation improved considerably after the implementation of Medicare and Medicaid."

It cost four or five bucks to see a doctor then. Today the copayment is 35 bucks.

And the average yearly income was $6,000. Not to mention the amount of advancements in medical technology since then.

Back