• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 148: at least we get all these awesome baseball highlights now... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i bet a dudein my office that i can hit 7/10 penalty kicks on him

i don't play soccer (aka i'm a grown ass american man)

we're hitting up this bet tomorrow morning

any advice?

Stop making bets drunk

I think if you and me did it, I would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable just blocking the ball than me kicking it.

Our group definitely took a few good creeper pictures. They are on my camera so I'll save them for the bro thread when I get back

this is why america can't have nice things (thongs)

I think if you and me did it, I would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable just blocking the ball than me kicking it.

Wait... You think it's easier to defend a penalty kick than kick one?

I think it would be easier for someone who has never practiced it to quickly become a competent goalie than it would be to quickly paint the corners accurately and with force on my kicks.

I mean if you get a lucky shot in a corner neither me or a real goalie are gonna stop it. I just gotta block the ones I can get to.

I'm watching Fast Five, my first ever Fast and Furious movie. Is this one the all time best?!

I think it would be easier for someone who has never practiced it to quickly become a competent goalie than it would be to quickly paint the corners accurately and with force on my kicks.

I mean if you get a lucky shot in a corner neither me or a real goalie are gonna stop it. I just gotta block the ones I can get to.

If you're just trying to hit PKs against goalies that aren't that great then you can generally just hit a decent ball on the ground to the edges. A hard pass pace is enough to get past anyone who isn't really good at goalie (like the guy buckets is going against I'd guess?). It's pretty damn hard for noobs at goalie to 1) cover wide and 2) get down to the ground quickly to make those kinds of saves.

If you're just trying to hit PKs against goalies that aren't that great then you can generally just hit a decent ball on the ground to the edges. A hard pass pace is enough to get past anyone who isn't really good at goalie (like the guy buckets is going against I'd guess?). It's pretty damn hard for noobs at goalie to 1) cover wide and 2) get down to the ground quickly to make those kinds of saves.

how easy is it for someone who hasn't kicked a ball in 20 years to kick a hard pass pace on the ground at the edge without going too wide?

Pretty easy dude

But I guess we'll see tomorrow

how easy is it for someone who hasn't kicked a ball in 20 years to kick a hard pass pace on the ground at the edge without going too wide?

I think a lot easier than trying to save it (if you also haven't played goalie in 20 years). I've seen plenty of non-soccer players "bat" in kickball accurately, just use the inside of your foot and make sure you get it on target so the burden is on the goalie to do at least something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back