• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 148: at least we get all these awesome baseball highlights now... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone would have me as a top 5 weirdo on the board and I don't think I'd make the cut. There are people on here who strike me as way more unusual. Just about everyone on this board seems off in one way or another. What's normal anyway.

Yes the militant vegan who lives in rural Virginia in a panic room with a bunch of animals isn't that weird

yesterday I got a free grill from a friend who bought a new one due to a little rust. need to get some propane and a grill cover and some tools and then figure out how to grill. :woot:

So tired. Running on a combined 7-8 hours of sleep from the last two nights. Luckily I got about 10 hours Friday night.

3 person office. 2 people are out on vacation this week (boss is in Europe and co-worker is on the West Coast). *crickets*

I think I have maybe 5 things on my to do list to get done for the week.

Went to the gym in my office this morning and might go back this afternoon. Sitting here at my desk in workout clothes. Just had an hour-long call with a potential financial adviser. Probably watch a little OITNB later.

so here's some old-fashioned drama for your monday morning:

so last night i caught up with my friend "mary" who told me about these two guys she's been hooking up with lately. One of them is named "charlie". she went on to say that she met Charlie at kickball and that he's bald and 34. Just so happens that my coworker is also dating a guy named Charlie who plays kickball and is bald and around 34. I met Charlie when he accompanied coworker to a wedding last weekend. Charlie and coworker have been casually dating since last fall, but apparently it's getting a little bit more serious lately according to coworker. After hearing the details on Mary's Charlie, I couldn't ignore the similarities and asked for a picture: YEP. same Charlie that coworker is also seeing.

So the question here is: do i stay out of it (none of my business) and not say anything to coworker, or do i tell coworker that the guy she's been seeing since last fall is hooking up with someone else? Mary knew that Charlie had what he described as an "it's complicated" situation and doesn't care, but I think coworker would definitely care (however, I'm not sure... maybe it's even more casual that I thought? not my relationship.). WHAT TO DO?!

Last edited:
my butthole feels like there's a habanero pepper in there just hanging out, rubbing itself against the edges, breathing hot fire on my inside butt parts

Great description. That sounds awful. Your poor inside parts.

3 person office. 2 people are out on vacation this week (boss is in Europe and co-worker is on the West Coast). *crickets*

I think I have maybe 5 things on my to do list to get done for the week.

Went to the gym in my office this morning and might go back this afternoon. Sitting here at my desk in workout clothes. Just had an hour-long call with a potential financial adviser. Probably watch a little OITNB later.

My boss (in my 4 person office) is also in Europe right now! I also may watch some OITNB later.

so last night i caught up with my friend "mary" who told me about these two guys she's been hooking up with lately. One of them is named "charlie". she went on to say that she met Charlie at kickball and that he's bald and 34. Just so happens that my coworker is also dating a guy named Charlie who plays kickball and is bald and around 34. I met Charlie when he accompanied coworker to a wedding last weekend. Charlie and coworker have been casually dating since last fall, but apparently it's getting a little bit more serious lately according to coworker. After hearing the details on Mary's Charlie, I couldn't ignore the similarities and asked for a picture: YEP. same Charlie that coworker is also seeing.

So the question here is: do i stay out of it (none of my business) and not say anything to coworker, or do i tell coworker that the guy she's been seeing since last fall is hooking up with someone else? Mary knew that Charlie had what he described as an "it's complicated" situation and doesn't care, but I think coworker would definitely care (however, I'm not sure... maybe it's even more casual that I thought? not my relationship.). WHAT TO DO?!

Yesss dash drama!! How close/friendly are you with your coworker?

so how do i just tell my boss that i am gonna take 2+ hrs thursday to go watch soccer?

i think i'm just gonna be super up front about it

boss, i have plenty of vacation/personal/floating holiday time to use, and i really, really, really wanna watch the world cup on thursday

game's at 11:30, so an hour of it is covered by lunch, is it cool if i'm out of the office from 11-2?

G
Yesss dash drama!! How close/friendly are you with your coworker?

pretty close. like we have lunch together a lot and have the same job. she sits right behind me.

stay out of it

seems like guys (for the most part) are saying "stay out of it", while my girl friends are telling me to tell her and that "They would want to know" in a similar situation. also important to note that coworker and Charlie are going to charleston for a long weekend over july 4, so telling her now would probably throw a wrench in those plans/ruin her day/week/month.

so how do i just tell my boss that i am gonna take 2+ hrs thursday to go watch soccer?

i think i'm just gonna be super up front about it

boss, i have plenty of vacation/personal/floating holiday time to use, and i really, really, really wanna watch the world cup on thursday

game's at 11:30, so an hour of it is covered by lunch, is it cool if i'm out of the office from 11-2?

Just put in for an hour of PTO if you're worried about it...or just go with the "personal appointment" after lunch gig. Unless your boss is hip to the fact that it's the WC and you like soccer, they probably won't put two and two together.

Stay out of it.

Just put in for an hour of PTO if you're worried about it...or just go with the "personal appointment" after lunch gig. Unless your boss is hip to the fact that it's the WC and you like soccer, they probably won't put two and two together.

ha we have talked a lot about the world cup, no way i could try and sneak it past him

seems like guys (for the most part) are saying "stay out of it", while my girl friends are telling me to tell her and that "They would want to know" in a similar situation. also important to note that coworker and Charlie are going to charleston for a long weekend over july 4, so telling her now would probably throw a wrench in those plans/ruin her day/week/month.

i'd wanna know, sure, but it's not your job to tell

ha we have talked a lot about the world cup, no way i could try and sneak it past him

Put in for the hour; if you're cool with the boss see if he'll let you flex time and offer to work an extra hour or two prior to Thursday.

Chat Thread 148: rsf getting wasted on wine coolers and zima

Just say, "What a strange coincidence. My friend 'Mary' has been seeing a bald guy named Charlie that's around 34 and plays kickball. What a small world."

Let her do the rest.

Just say, "What a strange coincidence. My friend 'Mary' has been seeing a bald guy named Charlie that's around 34 and plays kickball. What a small world."

Let her do the rest.

this seems perfect

Let her do the rest.

i was debating doing this too. like strongly hinting and seeing what she does with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back