• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 148: at least we get all these awesome baseball highlights now... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put in for the hour; if you're cool with the boss see if he'll let you flex time and offer to work an extra hour or two prior to Thursday.

we don't have flex time per se but he'd almost certainly be cool with it, i'm just gonna be up front with him

so how do i just tell my boss that i am gonna take 2+ hrs thursday to go watch soccer?

i think i'm just gonna be super up front about it

boss, i have plenty of vacation/personal/floating holiday time to use, and i really, really, really wanna watch the world cup on thursday

game's at 11:30, so an hour of it is covered by lunch, is it cool if i'm out of the office from 11-2?

Just ask and be straight up. If he has a problem then put a boot in his ass and start blaring Toby Keith songs

oh and Mary warned Charlie that her friend (me-- didn't give him a name though) met him at a wedding last weekend (where he was with coworker). so he may have put two and two together that someone out there who knows coworker, also knows mary and may spill the beans.

so how do i just tell my boss that i am gonna take 2+ hrs thursday to go watch soccer?

i think i'm just gonna be super up front about it

boss, i have plenty of vacation/personal/floating holiday time to use, and i really, really, really wanna watch the world cup on thursday

game's at 11:30, so an hour of it is covered by lunch, is it cool if i'm out of the office from 11-2?

If you guys talk about it a lot this seems like the best play. If you make something up the boss is probably going to figure it out.

oh and Mary warned Charlie that her friend (me-- didn't give him a name though) met him at a wedding last weekend (where he was with coworker). so he may have put two and two together that someone out there who knows coworker, also knows mary and may spill the beans.

So Mary knows about the coworker situation?

I like Cavs idea too but I think since you didn't say it right away the girl is probably going to think its fishy and be like WHAT DO YOU KNOW TELL ME TELLME TELLMETELLME

So Mary knows about the coworker situation?

I like Cavs idea too but I think since you didn't say it right away the girl is probably going to think its fishy and be like WHAT DO YOU KNOW TELL ME TELLME TELLMETELLME

yes Mary knows. she just thinks it's funny basically and doesn't really care.

and yes coworker may demand details (i mean i would...) and then idk how i'd handle it. like what else can you say?? i wouldn't lie to the girl!

HTTD and I are both off on Thursday. He took off for the game and then we needed a day to both take off so we can do adult stuff (like look at daycares, not fun adult stuff like banging all day) so I just took Thursday off and we'll do adult stuff before and after the game.

so here's some old-fashioned drama for your monday morning:

so last night i caught up with my friend "mary" who told me about these two guys she's been hooking up with lately. One of them is named "charlie". she went on to say that she met Charlie at kickball and that he's bald and 34. Just so happens that my coworker is also dating a guy named Charlie who plays kickball and is bald and around 34. I met Charlie when he accompanied coworker to a wedding last weekend. Charlie and coworker have been casually dating since last fall, but apparently it's getting a little bit more serious lately according to coworker. After hearing the details on Mary's Charlie, I couldn't ignore the similarities and asked for a picture: YEP. same Charlie that coworker is also seeing.

So the question here is: do i stay out of it (none of my business) and not say anything to coworker, or do i tell coworker that the guy she's been seeing since last fall is hooking up with someone else? Mary knew that Charlie had what he described as an "it's complicated" situation and doesn't care, but I think coworker would definitely care (however, I'm not sure... maybe it's even more casual that I thought? not my relationship.). WHAT TO DO?!

Give me her number. I'll tell her and you can watch it all burn!

i'm going to try 'hey boss is it cool if i work a few extra hours THURS night so i can take a long lunch and watch the world cup?'

My parents are at the beach this entire week here in town. Really wish I could take some days and go hang.

Someone at work just compared USA-POR to Oberyn Martel vs. The Mountain.

Lol. So true.

Here's a suggestion Dash, STAY OUT OF IT

And Townie you're such a noob. I scheduled a dentist appointment for Thursday at 9 AM and took the morning off two months ago. I don't have to be back in the office until 1, and its an 11 AM kickoff here. I plan on watching at this sports bar 2 mins from my office.

Gotta be prepared.

Just asked if I could take a long lunch on Thursday to watch soccer. Instantly approved.

stay out of it, dash

just pretend that you didn't put it together that its the same charlie

3 person office. 2 people are out on vacation this week (boss is in Europe and co-worker is on the West Coast). *crickets*

I think I have maybe 5 things on my to do list to get done for the week.

Went to the gym in my office this morning and might go back this afternoon. Sitting here at my desk in workout clothes. Just had an hour-long call with a potential financial adviser. Probably watch a little OITNB later.

I would totally go nude all week.

I just told my boss that I would be taking a long lunch on Thursday. He didn't seem to care. :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back