• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 148: at least we get all these awesome baseball highlights now... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought searching for a home was supposed to be fun. We've been at it for three months and I just keep getting more and more frustrated. I can't figure what neighborhoods or areas, our realtor doesn't suggest anything, I find homes I like but I hate the neighborhoods, and I spend hours at night looking at homes but finding nothing

I thought searching for a home was supposed to be fun. We've been at it for three months and I just keep getting more and more frustrated. I can't figure what neighborhoods or areas, our realtor doesn't suggest anything, I find homes I like but I hate the neighborhoods, and I spend hours at night looking at homes but finding nothing

Are you looking for a house or the perfect house? I've never met someone who has found the perfect house. But I know plenty of people who find a house they like and make it their perfect home.

Are you looking for a house or the perfect house? I've never met someone who has found the perfect house. But I know plenty of people who find a house they like and make it their perfect home.

Not a perfect forever home but something that fits our needs. I think that's the part I am having a hard time with. Most homes don't fit our needs. It's so hard to find a decent home with a basement. Those that I do find are in neighborhoods that I don't feel comfortable in. They just don't feel safe.

Why do you need a basement?

I'm not gonna touch the last part

watching this elite 11 with trent dilfer from a few years ago

he's slobbering all over these donk QBs (sup gunner kiel) while ignoring jameis winston lighting it up

Why do you need a basement?

I'm not gonna touch the last part

With my job I have a lot of items that I use for events or rent to clients. In our house I have 28 70qt storage containers. I have another 25 at my parents house. This doesn't even begin to include all of mtndeacs deep sea fishing and hunting stuff. It's more cost effective to buy a house with a basement or massive attic than rent a storage unit.

Watching my Nattycakes hopefully beat the Braves, streaming tonight's Widespread Panic show (prob gonna have Derek Trucks play with them a bit later), drinking rum and pineapple juice (NOT MALIBU). Good stuff.

I don't think any of y'all lived in Piccolo/Palmer 2003-2004, but...

2etujera.jpg

piccolo 04-05!

With my job I have a lot of items that I use for events or rent to clients. In our house I have 28 70qt storage containers. I have another 25 at my parents house. This doesn't even begin to include all of mtndeacs deep sea fishing and hunting stuff. It's more cost effective to buy a house with a basement or massive attic than rent a storage unit.

why not get a house w/ a large yard and do a detached toolshed thing?
there are ways around this.

finally got the spaghetti i was craving at breakfast, and now i'm watching shark tank.

i took one of those 'what's your real age?!' quizzes and got 54. seems pretty accurate.

why not get a house w/ a large yard and do a detached toolshed thing?
there are ways around this.

That's an option we have looked into depending on the neighborhood. Some that violates the hoa. Most homes that we looked at have less than a half acre of land.

I think what is most frustrating to me is I can't figure out what neighborhood. If I could figure out which one(s) is the right one for us, then I could figure out the houses that would work.

It's even more frustrating when people say "you should look at x neighborhood. The homes are well built, it's safe, and it's a nice neighborhood." Then I go check out the home and they are 400-500k or more. That's not our price range.

do neighborhoods make that much of a difference? especially in nc seems like its either a nice neighborhood or not, doesn't really matter that much otherwise

What's in the ideal neighborhood?

Any thought of buying now in an "up-and-coming" one and letting your investment take root?

do neighborhoods make that much of a difference? especially in nc seems like its either a nice neighborhood or not, doesn't really matter that much otherwise

They do. Growing up we lived on 20 acres in a neighborhood. Up until I left for college it was a good neighborhood. It still sort of is but we moved when some of the neighbors began making meth.

That's an option we have looked into depending on the neighborhood. Some that violates the hoa. Most homes that we looked at have less than a half acre of land.

I think what is most frustrating to me is I can't figure out what neighborhood. If I could figure out which one(s) is the right one for us, then I could figure out the houses that would work.

It's even more frustrating when people say "you should look at x neighborhood. The homes are well built, it's safe, and it's a nice neighborhood." Then I go check out the home and they are 400-500k or more. That's not our price range.

what is it that you want out of a neighborhood?

consider proximity to home, work, other activities, and safety... then go from there. are you looking for something social? young people? old people? quiet?
drive through a 'hood in the middle of the day, see how many cars are still around/how much commotion there is, it gives you a sense of the type of person (working, stay-at-home people, not working, etc) that lives around there. are there too many options? not enough options?

What's in the ideal neighborhood?

Any thought of buying now in an "up-and-coming" one and letting your investment take root?

Since everyone seems to not understand the safe neighborhood need. Here's the deal. That's not best for me mentally. I was raped in college. Then two years later I got in the middle of a police hunt. The suspect was apprehended 10 yards from me while pointing the gun at me.

Last edited:
what is it that you want out of a neighborhood?

consider proximity to home, work, other activities, and safety... then go from there. are you looking for something social? young people? old people? quiet?
drive through a 'hood in the middle of the day, see how many cars are still around/how much commotion there is, it gives you a sense of the type of person (working, stay-at-home people, not working, etc) that lives around there. are there too many options? not enough options?

I've done all that. I go through neighborhoods during the week at various hours and then on weekends. It comes down to safety. I need someone to tell me what are the safe neighborhoods. That I can't seem to figure out.

I know realtors can't say "this neighborhood is safe or unsafe" but I wish she would recommend neighborhoods to us. I've asked and she just says "every neighborhood is what you make of it"

Last edited:
They do. Growing up we lived on 20 acres in a neighborhood. Up until I left for college it was a good neighborhood. It still sort of is but we moved when some of the neighbors began making meth.

This post is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back