• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 148: at least we get all these awesome baseball highlights now... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of y'all lived in Piccolo/Palmer 2003-2004, but...

2etujera.jpg

Piccolo 1994-95. Got written up too... For changing that board.

Wow, that is intense WakeGal. Crazy and terrible. Was the experience 2 years later related? It wasn't the same guy was it?

This post is hilarious.

Thanks. It was a great place growing up. We were back in the middle of no where. Then you arrive at this neighborhood with a dirt road. It got paved when I was in 5th grade. Up until first grade it was just rural route x. All the families had kids within 8 years of each other. So when the first ones got to college and the parents moved, rift raft began moving in.

I've done all that. I go through neighborhoods during the week at various hours and then on weekends. It comes down to safety. I need someone to tell me what are the safe neighborhoods. That I can't seem to figure out.

I know realtors can't say "this neighborhood is safe or unsafe" but I wish she would recommend neighborhoods to us. I've asked and she just says "every neighborhood is what you make of it"

Don't most of the real estate websites give you a breakdown of how safe the neighborhood is, along with the nearby schools, etc.

I believe trulia will map police reports like a heat sensor onto neighborhood maps

Wow, that is intense WakeGal. Crazy and terrible. Was the experience 2 years later related? It wasn't the same guy was it?

No completely random. I was working a job where they put us up in our housing. I came home early that day and about a quarter mile got in the middle of the police hunt. Thankfully I was in my car, but it definitely wasn't pleasant.

Two years after that on Christmas Eve, we had gone to church and was driving looking at the lights. This guy flags us down and my dad gives him money while he holds what he claims was a fake gun. I had police in the line while my dad was revving the engine prepared to run the guy over.

Don't most of the real estate websites give you a breakdown of how safe the neighborhood is, along with the nearby schools, etc.

They to the price increase percentage and foreclosure rate but not safety.

Like buckets said, check out trulia. Every house you click on will give you an idea of how safe the neighborhood is.

I keep using zillow and the one the realtor tells us to use. Neither of those provide that but the realtors provides more information than zillow.

finally got the spaghetti i was craving at breakfast, and now i'm watching shark tank.

i took one of those 'what's your real age?!' quizzes and got 54. seems pretty accurate.

I took one of those today and got 18.

I feel you, WakeGal (to a lesser extent). My home was robbed. A feeling of safety is important.

I don't know the area well enough to know which ones are the safe neighborhoods. If I could get that narrowed down I think I would not be as depressed and frustrated over the process.

I keep using zillow and the one the realtor tells us to use. Neither of those provide that but the realtors provides more information than zillow.

Trulia probably has the same listings and when you click on the house it'll say "crime" and "below average", "average", etc. You can then click on "more details" and it'll say if the crimes were violent or non-violent and list what exactly each reported crime was.

I found this one house that had cute curb appeal in what is supposed to be a good neighborhood. On the web, the only had a picture of the home and loving room. I schedule a time to see it and there can't be any weekend viewings. So I get there and noticed immediately that there is a video surveillance system that is triggered when you pull in the driveway. The realtor says "this is a cute one". As I'm walking through I'm noticing red flags and the realtor is oblivious. One of the bedrooms is converted to a waiting room with Islamic magazines. All of the windows are covered with multiple black trash bags. One bedroom housed a computer and biometric safe. Finally the third bedroom had this table that was draped And a tv. It's a poker table and the tv is the surveillance tv. I'm not sure were the cuteness came in with that house. I think it was a poker house. My dad's paranoia (He works with a bunch of ex military paranoid guys) thinks it could be a terrorist cell. Either way not cute and didn't ring safe to me.

We went in one house with obvious water dMage and a leak. I mentioned it and the response was " you'll have to get a contractor but it's a very well built houses o I doubt there us a leak". I take a pictured and emailed it to a client that is a contractor. He confirmed my leak and water damage suspicion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back