• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

There you go again. I never said anything like "end of the world". I said disasterous and several Justices agree.

And several justices plus one disagree. The difference is that others on this thread have actually read what those justices wrote and are trained to understand the implications of their opinions. You most likely have not read the opinion and have not taken any courses in constitutional law.

Actually this is exactly what you said:

The bold is the only part that is even remotely accurate. There are several things that will stop your concern over cherry-picking.

1st: the company must have a sincerely held religious belief that is being infringed upon. As the majority pointed out it would be difficult for large, publicly held corporations to establish a sincere belief. It also prevents company's that are trying to use the religious exception to save money on insurance. The court would consider evidence of sincerity, it doesn't just take the company's word for it.

2nd: the Court could decide that the government's interest in requiring certain portions of the ACA is compelling and that an exemption would negate that interest.

and things like this can be gerry-rigged.

What if Company X sells itself to Corp Y which has a charter saying all those things. Corp Y can participate.

Again, you know more than four Justices of the Supreme Court who agree with me.

This is another RW attack on women.

My bad I don't memorize what I post., BUT that could come to pass. The door is open.

I mean you did say gay people and single women. I went back and grabbed the quote to correct myself after I incorrectly put race.

and things like this can be gerry-rigged.

What if Company X sells itself to Corp Y which has a charter saying all those things. Corp Y can participate.

Again, you know more than four Justices of the Supreme Court who agree with me.

This is another RW attack on women.

Those justices do not agree with you. I promise. I know more than you when it comes to this matter, including enough to know that you either haven't read or comprehended the dissent in this case.

There is a lot of stupid going on in this thread and the whole case just really reinforces how poorly conceived and executed the ACA was.

Just switch to a single payer system and get rid of all this bullshit about what company doesn't want to provide which benefit because it is prohibited by whatever deity.

My bad I don't memorize what I post., BUT that could come to pass. The door is open.

But you accuse people of misquoting you anyway. You have multiple people on this thread who know what they are talking about telling you that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Your appeal to authority is laughable when I can go read that authority and see that it doesn't support what you say.

That door is not open. The government will win every case where they say we have a compelling governmental interest to preventing discrimination on the basis of race.

But you accuse people of misquoting you anyway. You have multiple people on this thread who know what they are talking about telling you that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Your appeal to authority is laughable when I can go read that authority and see that it doesn't support what you say.

so you know more than Justices on the Supreme Court. What a shock that you think that?!

so you know more than Justices on the Supreme Court. What a shock that you think that?!

He's not saying that, he's saying you're taking the quotes of the dissent out of context of what they're saying in the broader argument.

That door is not open. The government will win every case where they say we have a compelling governmental interest to preventing discrimination on the basis of race.

I'm not talking about discrimination on race.

But 4, F-O-U-R, that's one, two, three, four, justices practically quoted him, word for word, thus proving his authority on this specific topic.

I'm not talking about discrimination on race.

Sorry, keep putting race and sex up there together. The government will win every case where they say they have a compelling government interest in preventing discrimination on the basis of gender.

Similarly, it's allowable to fire people on the basis of sexual orientation in a lot of states anyway. This case has no impact on that since employers don't need RFRA to do that in at-will states where sexual orientation isn't a protected class.

So you also know more than justices on the Supreme Court? What a shock that you think that!

Last edited:
Sorry, keep putting race and sex up there together. The government will win every case where they say they have a compelling government interest in preventing discrimination on the basis of gender.

Similarly, it's allowable to fire people on the basis of sexual orientation in a lot of states anyway. This case has no impact on that since employers don't need RFRA to do that in at-will states where sexual orientation isn't a protected class.

Show me where I specifically said this.

EL-OH-EL. I won't threadjack, I'll just quietly note by objection to this sweeping and inaccurate conclusion, since we've had many, many threads where you guys advocate FOR de jure discrimination solely on the basis of race BY our government.

Last edited:
Back