• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

And a generation of jurisprudence could come down to an unnerving question: Is Brett Kavanaugh out for revenge?

Sure hope not. But it seems a fair concern, sadly.

Sure hope not. But it seems a fair concern, sadly.

I’m sure he will take more pleasure in these decisions but he was going to make shitty politically motivated rulings regardless. It’s why he was nominated.

"Court packing is a terrible idea" (when its not me doing it)
- moscow mitch

Mitch got away with it before with no consequences and picked up two supreme court picks plus all the lower court judges they slow walked or didn't hold hearings on and were open still when Obama left office.

Republicans will never again fill a court vacancy by a Democrat if they have the Senate. At best, if it's the first year they'll hold a hearing but all vote against the person to block, but likely just not hold hearings.

Despite all the liberal fearmongering in October 2020 about ACB and the SCOTUS striking down the ACA, they affirmed it—again—this time 7-2.

And just required Philadelphia to contract with a Catholic foster care agency that discriminates against same sex couples. Activism!

Despite all the liberal fearmongering in October 2020 about ACB and the SCOTUS striking down the ACA, they affirmed it—again—this time 7-2.

Don’t be daft, this has nothing to do with why people didn’t want ACB.

Or, said differently, despite a decade of lawsuits by conservatives attacking the ACA, including 3 trips to the Supreme Court, the most conservative court in almost 100 years has upheld the ACA on 3 separate occasions. Makes you wonder why conservatives spend as much time and money as they did pursing futile* claims.

*I'm to lazy to look this up, but I suspect that more than 1 poster on this board who exaggerates their legal knowledge posted that the ACA should be struck down for the reasons espoused in the 3 lawsuits heard by the Supreme Court. Conveniently, those same posters will switch to cheering Judge Barrett's judicial independence instead of accepting that they were way the fuck off in those arguments.

tremendous use of resources. maybe the GOP should take a cue from the trumpshills on the board and realize it's not the messaging

Or, said differently, despite a decade of lawsuits by conservatives attacking the ACA, including 3 trips to the Supreme Court, the most conservative court in almost 100 years has upheld the ACA on 3 separate occasions. Makes you wonder why conservatives spend as much time and money as they did pursing futile* claims.

*I'm to lazy to look this up, but I suspect that more than 1 poster on this board who exaggerates their legal knowledge posted that the ACA should be struck down for the reasons espoused in the 3 lawsuits heard by the Supreme Court. Conveniently, those same posters will switch to cheering Judge Barrett's judicial independence instead of accepting that they were way the fuck off in those arguments.

Don't worry about it. The notion of hard work is just a construct by those of us in power to keep people down anyway.

ETA -- Also, I'm sorry if my legal acumen triggers you. I'll try to be more conscientious going forward.

Last edited:
Glad to know Obamacare is what the founders originally intended.

Its more important to keep gay people from adopting because gay people are either pedophiles or they will turn those kids gay.

Don't worry about it. The notion of hard work is just a construct by those of us in power to keep people down anyway.

ETA -- Also, I'm sorry if my legal acumen triggers you. I'll try to be more conscientious going forward.

Because calling Blacks lazy has never been used by racists to denigrate Blacks.

Its more important to keep gay people from adopting because gay people are either pedophiles or they will turn those kids gay.

When a 9-0 SCOTUS opinion upsets you, that's a good occasion to re-examine your views.

A lot of time and energy wasted on trying to destroy something positive and offering zero real improvements in healthcare.

Congratulations.

When a 9-0 SCOTUS opinion upsets you, that's a good occasion to re-examine your views.

We should all be upset when a religious organization is permitted to discriminate against LGBTQ+ people, particularly when it comes to their ability to adopt children. You're not, obviously, but you should be.

Back