• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

Don't worry about it. The notion of hard work is just a construct by those of us in power to keep people down anyway.

ETA -- Also, I'm sorry if my legal acumen triggers you. I'll try to be more conscientious going forward.

:bowrofl:

We should all be upset when a religious organization is permitted to discriminate against LGBTQ+ people, particularly when it comes to their ability to adopt children. You're not, obviously, but you should be.

Naw. We should be able to discriminate against anyone as long as we claim its religious liberty. Since, you know, separation of church and state is in the constitution... like unlimited access to weapons that were inconceivable when the document was written. Also, freedom of speech is important if you are talking about your christian religion but not if you take a knee for police brutality (to put it... lightly)

And just required Philadelphia to contract with a Catholic foster care agency that discriminates against same sex couples. Activism!

It was a 9-0 opinion.

ETA: I see this point was already raised. But it’s a clear violation of the 1st Amendment.

Naw. We should be able to discriminate against anyone as long as we claim its religious liberty. Since, you know, separation of church and state is in the constitution... like unlimited access to weapons that were inconceivable when the document was written. Also, freedom of speech is important if you are talking about your christian religion but not if you take a knee for police brutality (to put it... lightly)

Can you point me to the municipal, state, or federal laws that punish taking a knee?

Free market can do what it wants. It’s why I won’t be able to go to this years all star game.

The free market is preventing you from going to Denver?

To borrow a phrase, responding to your posts is like being in a gunfight with a chimpanzee with a machine gun.

Interesting way for the Supreme Court to handle the most recent challenge to the ACA. By simply deciding that Texas didn't have standing, they neatly sidestepped any consideration of the underlying issues.

If a state doesn't have standing in this matter, who does?

Can you point me to the municipal, state, or federal laws that punish taking a knee?

Free market can do what it wants. It’s why I won’t be able to go to this years all star game.

I did not mention anything about laws. Talking about the hypocrisy of some.

To borrow a phrase, responding to your posts is like being in a gunfight with a chimpanzee with a machine gun.

Too many bullets to dodge individually so you sidestep entirely? You are consistent i guess.

This is what happens when you put a bunch of racists on the court.

And this is pure garbage, can't believe Alito put this on paper:

"the mere fact that there is some disparity in impact does not necessarily mean that a system is not equally open or that it does not give everyone an equal opportunity to vote"

This is what you call activism -- the court is revising the Voting Rights Act as it sees fit. As discussed ad nauseum, they have no legitimate, consistent theory of jurisprudence. They will get to whatever racist, evangelical outcome they want.

Last edited:
Back