• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

I hate to tell you this, bob, but there are more important things than winning elections. Sometimes doing what's right is a minority sentiment - but it's still the morally right thing to do. A minority of Americans supported the civil rights movement for much of its run, and it cost the Democrats the white South, but it was still the right moral thing to support. Gay marriage rights were a minority sentiment (and still are in many places, remember NC's Amendment 1?), but it was wrong to deny gays their rights as equal citizens, including the right to marry. If the Democrats have to lose some elections because they support the right of minorities to equal treatment under the law, and old white folk like you turn out in droves to oppose that, then so be it. It's a shame you don't seem to understand that anymore, bob, as you used to believe in that yourself.

You really don't know what I believe....but you have a knack for twisting & framing your argument to suit your own purposes...with no regard for accurate definitions for the terms you use. You talk about "equal rights", for example, but you aren't really interested in equal rights for all. We found that out in the furor over the transgender bathroom issue here in NC. You were perfectly OK with taking rights away from 99.7% of the people in order to provide one for 0.3% of the people. That's the problem with liberals....and particularly liberals from wealthy, snob schools like WF. They think they are morally & intellectually superior to everyone else and should be allowed to assign their own definitions to terms for the social issues they wish to address and everyone else is obliged to accept their arbitrary terms.

right now, at this very moment, the mods are failing to enforce our right to not have to deal with bet-welchers

Well, that's one problem that you will never have to worry about, isn't it?

I've got a wonderful 12 yo grandniece and a great 15 yo grand nephew. If either of them are gay, that's fine. It will be who they are and it would be outrageous and immoral not to love and support them unconditionally.

But keep on being a sniveling little dick.

The problem is that the country has kept going down a path of representation that does not represent majorities but a minority and further fringe element of America, not real Americans like Murdering Bob says.

First step allow corporations to be people, floods the system with cash. Next step run all that money towards winning state elections and wait for the census. Redraw new found gains to consolidate power and get a minority to remain in the majority. Setback, a black man is elected president, twice. Racist and shit elements need to be tended to, fostered and carefully cultivated but remain in the shadows. Using your majority despite minority through money and state politic bullshit block replacement of Supreme Court seat. New election seems impossible but system of voter suppression, gerrymandering, outside influence, lightening in a bottle, a shit opponent, and releasing your carefully cultivated racist and shit elements results in a win. Setback, can’t put the racist and shit elements back in the shadows, oh well Supreme Court seat replaced another to be replaced, the tactics you have used to stay in power can now forever be cemented. Victory! The 27% now have total power over the 72%.

^This. America is becoming more and more diverse, and is looking more and more like a Durham or a Charlotte or a South Florida or Houston, but we're being still being governed - right now, really dominated - by the Randlemans and Wilkesboros and Reidsvilles of America, as well as some mostly white suburbs and exurbs. I do think that something's eventually got to give, as I don't see that growing majority tolerating retrograde social and economic policies from an entrenched, rigged, declining minority forever.

^This. America is becoming more and more diverse, and is looking more and more like a Durham or a Charlotte or a South Florida or Houston, but we're being still being governed - right now, really dominated - by the Randlemans and Wilkesboros and Reidsvilles of America, as well as some mostly white suburbs and exurbs. I do think that something's eventually got to give, as I don't see that growing majority tolerating retrograde social and economic policies from an entrenched, rigged, declining minority forever.

So better extract as much cash as they can now, as fast as possible, because they see the writing on the wall.

What rights did anyone lose when people were able to use the bathroom of their gender?

A right to use a bathroom with members of one's own sex.....which has been around for more than 200 years in this country.

You know that. Don't play dumb. It isn't becoming for an up & coming young attorney.

Lol where are the rights to go to the bathroom with ONLY members of your own sex listed? If we are solely going by societal norms then I’ve got some questions of traditions that we have that aren’t stated anywhere I would like to discuss.

Old men. So passionate about bathroom privacy, yet super comfortable hanging brain in the middle of the locker room.

Lol where are the rights to go to the bathroom with ONLY members of your own sex listed? If we are solely going by societal norms then I’ve got some questions of traditions that we have that aren’t stated anywhere I would like to discuss.

It's in the 69th Amendment.

A right to use a bathroom with members of one's own sex.....which has been around for more than 200 years in this country.

You know that. Don't play dumb. It isn't becoming for an up & coming young attorney.

that's not a right in any sense of the word

Old men. So passionate about bathroom privacy, yet super comfortable hanging brain in the middle of the locker room.

don't lump us all together...certainly don't lump us in with someone whose morals are more pliant than a palm tree in a hurricane.

Last edited:

Ah yes, I forgot about the Bathroom Clause in the Constitution that conveys this right to the people.

don't lump us all together...certainly don't lump us in with someone whose morals are more pliant than a palm tree in a hurricane tree.

If I had never posted on this board I would probably still be thinking like you do.

Back