• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

You really don't know what I believe....but you have a knack for twisting & framing your argument to suit your own purposes...with no regard for accurate definitions for the terms you use. You talk about "equal rights", for example, but you aren't really interested in equal rights for all. We found that out in the furor over the transgender bathroom issue here in NC. You were perfectly OK with taking rights away from 99.7% of the people in order to provide one for 0.3% of the people. That's the problem with liberals....and particularly liberals from wealthy, snob schools like WF. They think they are morally & intellectually superior to everyone else and should be allowed to assign their own definitions to terms for the social issues they wish to address and everyone else is obliged to accept their arbitrary terms.

Lolz. I've been reading these boards since 2004, so I have a very good idea of what your online persona believes, bob - at least when you are consistent enough to stick to a position. I've not twisted anything, but only based what I've written on your own words and statements. Do you deny despising transgenders, based on your own posts here? Do you deny what you just said about gays earlier? You say you voted for Amendment 1, but then don't seem to think that Democrats should let gays run for office in many areas, because they would lose. How is that not discrimination, bob? How is a transgender person using a bathroom a violation of your "equal rights"? What rights have you been denied, bob? The transgender person has certainly been discriminated against, because they are prevented from using the restroom. What rights did you lose by allowing them to use the restroom? What is "arbitrary" about that, bob? Have you ever been accosted or assaulted by a transgender person? I'm not "twisting" anything, I'm just going by what you've said. And, yes bob, it's bigoted, no matter how much you deny it.

Last edited:
A right to use a bathroom with members of one's own sex.....which has been around for more than 200 years in this country.

You know that. Don't play dumb. It isn't becoming for an up & coming young attorney.

This is no more a “right” in any legal sense than any other societal norm (which are inherently subject to a changing and evolving society).

Kennedy announces retirement.

That’s how far off the rails this thread has gotten. 923 read the last few pages and figured this hadn’t been mentioned.

He's not a troll. He truly believes what he posts...well, he believes it for the moment he posts it. In few minutes or a few days, his "morals" may be 180 degrees from what he posts today.

We've banished a poster to his own thread before, right? Can we do that with SwissBKF? I'd still check in for the entertainment factor, but seeing every thread hijacked is getting a bit old (and yes, I fully admit that I've been complicit).

bob is literally the embodiment of the times of our democracy. show up and dominate a discussion with complete nonsense long enough to make people forget their peril.

maybe 923 was just reminding us of the real issue

So, back to Kennedy's retirement, any guesses or talking head opinions yet on who Trump may nominate to fill the seat?

Lolz. I've been reading these boards since 2004, so I have a very good idea of what your online persona believes, bob - at least when you are consistent enough to stick to a position. I've not twisted anything, but only based what I've written on your own words and statements. Do you deny despising transgenders, based on your own posts here? Do you deny what you just said about gays earlier? You say you voted for Amendment 1, but then don't seem to think that Democrats should let gays run for office in many areas, because they would lose. How is that not discrimination, bob? How is a transgender person using a bathroom a violation of your "equal rights"? What rights have you been denied, bob? The transgender person has certainly been discriminated against, because they are prevented from using the restroom. What rights did you lose by allowing them to use the restroom? What is "arbitrary" about that, bob? Have you ever been accosted or assaulted by a transgender person? I'm not "twisting" anything, bob, I'm just going by what you've said. And, yes bob, it's bigoted, no matter how much you deny it.

As I said, you continually twist terms as well as twisting what I've said.

1) I've never said that I "despise" transgenders. You just made that up. All I've actually said was that I don't think that guys with dicks should be allowed to use the girls' bathroom. And I even gave reasons why...which had nothing to do with transgenders themselves, by the way. Also, the transgender has not had been prevented a right to use the bathroom. The point is that people cannot just arbitrarily decide which bathroom they want to use....or at least they shouldn't be allowed to do this. Liberals are in the process of changing the law to discriminate against 99.7% of the people in order to allow 0.3% of the people to arbitrarily decide which bathroom they wish to use. Whether I have ever been "accosted" is entirely irrelevant to the situation...which is yet another of your twists. The basis for my position on this subject has been fully explained by me on these boards....more than once....as I alluded to earlier in this post. I don't see why I need to go over them again & again & again. Let me just briefly say that once procedure has been established that anyone can choose the bathroom of his/her choice, you will inevitably eventually have situations where people who are not legitimate transgenders will be abusing this law.

2) I've never said that Democrats should not be allowed to run gays for office. I just said that I didn't think it was a politically expedient thing for them to do. I've never even said anything about not liking gays, for that matter. The guy who has done my wife's hair in Greensboro for the last 20 years is gay and we are close friends. We've spent time with him at his condo in Jamestown and are planning to visit him at his condo in Myrtle Beach later this summer.

Which do you think is safer:

A pre-op transgender female in dress going into the men's room at a bar in rural NC

Or

That same person going into a stall in a women's room in a mall

Bob probably caught that hairdresser in his bedroom once and his excuse was he was helping Bob’s wife decorate, and he has nothing to worry about because he’s gay. Has been fucking her musty wrinkled clam trap since 98’

Back