• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

They may have been deleted but Bob absolutely used safety of his granddaughter multiple times as a reason why he was in favor of the bathroom bill.

What would have to happen for Roe v Wade to be overturned? I remember in 2015-ish that Oklahoma passed a law that was overturned on the ground of Roe v Wade, the vote was 8-1, and the 1 was Scalia.

I think Iowa passed an abortion bill recently that was intended to draw a challenge and hopefully have cert granted. The bills are usually styled as “right to life” legislation. I know South Carolina’s legislature considered a similar bill this legislative session. It didn’t pass, but I think I remember a state legislator coming out and saying “we want this bill to become law and get challenged so we can overturn Roe v. Wade.

Not at my computer, but I’ll post more later

He's not a troll. He truly believes what he posts...well, he believes it for the moment he posts it. In few minutes or a few days, his "morals" may be 180 degrees from what he posts today.

But he'll always be certain about whatever he believes.

Here's the first short list:

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions
Roger Stone
Michael Cohen
Mike Huchabee

Details may come out that this is health related. Odd timing for sure.

Why is it odd? This is about as late as a conservative justice could retire and guarantee a Republican President and Republican Senate to pick his replacement.

I'm beginning to feel as if I'm living the plot of Back to the Future II. Michael J. Fox starts in 2015 and has to eventually go all the way back to 1955 to stop a crass, low-life, white trash, filthy rich bully from altering the future into one in which nearly everyone ends up miserable except for the bully. Little did anyone know that Donald J. Trump would turn out to be a real-life Biff Tannen.

what you didn't see were the cut scenes of Biff complaining about school districts and bus routes

We can only hope.

Wrangor, I’m not sure if I’ve asked you this before but what’s your hope for what would happen if Roe is overturned. I’m guessing you’d be fine leaving it up to the states or do you think the conservative court could find a way to ban abortion outright?

What punishments would you want to see for women who have illegal abortions?

Should there be an increase in entitlements for all the additional children being born in the US?

The end of abortion is possible so I’m curious what the anti-choice crowd has in mind for enforcing the new laws.

I'm beginning to feel as if I'm living the plot of Back to the Future II. Michael J. Fox starts in 2015 and has to eventually go all the way back to 1955 to stop a crass, low-life, white trash, filthy rich bully from altering the future into one in which nearly everyone ends up miserable except for the bully. Little did anyone know that Donald J. Trump would turn out to be a real-life Biff Tannen.

You missed a bunch of Trump as Biff memes.

Wrangor, I’m not sure if I’ve asked you this before but what’s your hope for what would happen if Roe is overturned. I’m guessing you’d be fine leaving it up to the states or do you think the conservative court could find a way to ban abortion outright?

What punishments would you want to see for women who have illegal abortions?

Should there be an increase in entitlements for all the additional children being born in the US?

The end of abortion is possible so I’m curious what the anti-choice crowd has in mind for enforcing the new laws.

Women will be sent to the colonies. Or perhaps Wrangor prefers public executions. Blessed be the fruit!

bob is literally the embodiment of the times of our democracy. show up and dominate a discussion with complete nonsense long enough to make people forget their peril.

maybe 923 was just reminding us of the real issue

This. I'm done responding to him and suggest others should just ignore. Whether he's trolling or actually believes what comes out of his mouth, it really doesn't matter.

I have no idea how someone can live an entire life yet still be full of so much disgust and fear of others.

That shit just isn't healthy or productive. For him or for anyone else on here.

Back