• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

The indoor practice facility is going to be used as a temporary weight room?

At this rate, it will be done in another 12 months.

Could be wrong but seems like they may be putting new flooring down in the existing weight room. So, they have to have a place to put everything while that happens.

Dave Clawson ‏@CoachClawson 23h23 hours ago
Flooring has arrived = Happy Strength Coach! #GoDeacs

Could be wrong but seems like they may be putting new flooring down in the existing weight room. So, they have to have a place to put everything while that happens.

Reasonable explanation.

Plus there's a just released video of the first rolls of FieldTurf being installed.

Guessing I'm in the minority as I'm clueless as to the need for a temporary football weight room ( new flooring being delivered ?? ) and where exactly this temporary room is located ( I see nothing but FieldTurf being installed within the IPC ).

Guessing I'm in the minority as I'm clueless as to the need for a temporary football weight room ( new flooring being delivered ?? ) and where exactly this temporary room is located ( I see nothing but FieldTurf being installed within the IPC ).

This link will help explain it.

We are renovating the existing weight room, so the equipment has temporarily been moved to the Indoor Practice Field while renovations take place.

Not sure if this has already been asked but I'm assuming punters won't be able to practice much inside as the roof does not seem very high?

We are renovating the existing weight room, so the equipment has temporarily been moved to the Indoor Practice Field while renovations take place.

My understanding is that all the new equipment for the Sports Performance Center is going to be setup inside the indoor until the facility is built. Starting to use it immediately after Christmas was a top priority.

Why are we renovating the current room when the plan is to move everything to the new Sports Performance Center once it's built? All of that equipment looks brand new. I figured we were just buying new equipment and putting it in the indoor field area until the funds are available to build the next phase.

My understanding is that all the new equipment for the Sports Performance Center is going to be setup inside the indoor until the facility is built. Starting to use it immediately after Christmas was a top priority.

Why are we renovating the current room when the plan is to move everything to the new Sports Performance Center once it's built? All of that equipment looks brand new. I figured we were just buying new equipment and putting it in the indoor field area until the funds are available to build the next phase.

I think the current weight room is being renovated to be taken over by another team once FB moves to the SPC, but I cant remember which team will move in there once the football team relocates. They may have bought brand new equipment as part of the move.

I tend to think that the existing weight room was in dire need of flooring and couldn't wait until if/when the new facility is finished, and that there probably isn't really enough space in the indoor facility to house the weight equipment and conduct full team practices in the spring and fall, thus the need to move the weight equipment back to the existing weight room.

Back