• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

Back in '06 our weight room was a joke compared to most of the other ones I saw.

I tend to think that the existing weight room was in dire need of flooring and couldn't wait until if/when the new facility is finished, and that there probably isn't really enough space in the indoor facility to house the weight equipment and conduct full team practices in the spring and fall, thus the need to move the weight equipment back to the existing weight room.

I don't know how long weight room equipment lasts. We had a major renovation back in 2008/2009 timeframe:
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/genrel/060908aae.html

The equipment being "temporarily" installed in the indoor facility looks brand new and different from the pictures of our current weight room, so it doesn't seem like they're just moving the old equipment over to the indoor facility.

Last edited:
I think the current weight room is being renovated to be taken over by another team once FB moves to the SPC, but I cant remember which team will move in there once the football team relocates. They may have bought brand new equipment as part of the move.

I would assume it would be something along the lines of every non-revenue team uses the old weight room and football/basketball use the new weight room in SPC.

I assume the renovations that we have done previously to our weight room facilities failed to put them even close to on par with our competition. Hopefully, the next one will be a major effort to correct that.

I suspect we made the absolute best of the shitty space we have. Reeve's quotes in the link seem to say as much. It's a tiny space and he had equipment custom designed to maximize it. There's no excuse for the SPC weight room to be anything but top shelf.

My understanding is that all the new equipment for the Sports Performance Center is going to be setup inside the indoor until the facility is built. Starting to use it immediately after Christmas was a top priority.

I missed this earlier. That makes more sense to me since the equipment in the indoor facility appears to be brand new. I guess we'll just use the indoor facility without a second end zone until the SPC is built. It's still better than no indoor facility at all and we've made due this past season down an entire field (or most of one, as I think it was a partial field) anyway while it was being built.

It will actually make for a pretty cool place to workout, with weights and most of a football field for the rest of your workout all together.

Last edited:
I would assume it would be something along the lines of every non-revenue team uses the old weight room and football/basketball use the new weight room in SPC.

The basketball team has their own special weight room at the Joel with lots of high tech stuff and a pull-up bar tall enough that even Doral can use it without having to bend his knees. Saw it at the Women's Basketball Clinic.

The basketball team has their own special weight room at the Joel with lots of high tech stuff and a pull-up bar tall enough that even Doral can use it without having to bend his knees. Saw it at the Women's Basketball Clinic.

Hopefully that would get moved into the SPC so that they don't have to drive over to the Joel for their workouts and back to main campus to practice.

So, football team and basketball teams have their own rooms. I assume baseball gets their own in the new Player Development Center at the ball park. That leaves the old room to the Olympic sports solely, which should be fine considering they currently share it with football.

Seems kind of absurd to have a weight lifting area in a $20 million aircraft hanger but what do I know.

gonna be fun in 5 years when the analytic nerds do #math and realize people that practice indoors lose more games cause they can't handle conditions.

CWwO2YYXAAEQhIh.jpg

Back