• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

This is embarrassing. Recruits are going to see this and think they are coming to Wake to learn construction.

excellent idea! Build character and save the school some money... after all they are already on scholarship. Just tell them it's a new exercise program.

Well isn't the lack of an engineering program considered a drawback in recruiting for WF?

yeah...that's the ticket. Tell them that the engineers at WFU are too busy building the indoor practice facility to teach right now, but as soon as they finish then the recruit can take the engineering classes.

As cool as these additions are, sometimes I'm sad to see familiar campus landmarks razed -- I used to cut through Leighton every single day.

As cool as these additions are, sometimes I'm sad to see familiar campus landmarks razed -- I used to cut through Leighton every single day.

collins courts long gone now

i wonder if they'll ever take away those woods behind luter where we used to smoke

I think bittersweet nostalgia is an appropriate response. For the most part, growth and change is good for Wake. It doesn't mean it isn't and shouldn't be hard to let go of a place that is special to you and encapsulated in your short stint on campus.

That looks like very good topsoil....they could have sold that to hundreds of locals by the yard and picked-up some cash.

Keep the photos coming Bob !

Thought the 2 existing/surviving fields were to be rotated, no ?

Looks like they kept the current fields on the drawing. Two fields basically make a square, so they should fit either direction.

New campus map has both projects 'envisioned'....

http://map.wfu.edu/

Thought the 2 existing/surviving fields were to be rotated, no ?

Two things about that map:
-Graylyn and Reynolda Village are considered part of campus?
-Did Wake not get the Annex when they bought LJVM?

Back