• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

Bob -

Belated thanks for the updates....please post more when you can !

BTW, your avatar....didn't know Dartmouth changed their helmets. You have a connection to Dartmouth ?

You're welcome. I will post more soon. I think we will see the actual building begin to go up soon.

My connection to Dartmouth is that I graduated from there in 1976.

Those helmets and uniforms were alternate looks introduced last season. They also still wear the classic white helmets.

YLDJKQOUXXYFCZH.20141210173757.jpg

Always thought those helmets were sharp looking....started under Bob Blackmon, correct ?

How are they getting the field from BB&T to the practice facility?

That's cool until programs add projection technology to their indoor fields in order to simulate road stadiums. Watch them add weather simulators as well.

That's cool until programs add projection technology to their indoor fields in order to simulate road stadiums. Watch them add weather simulators as well.

That would be the dumbest shit ever. Spend $40 million to simulate outside weather inside a building. I would not put it past modern CFB though.

That would be the dumbest shit ever. Spend $40 million to simulate outside weather inside a building. I would not put it past modern CFB though.

Would it impress a 17 year old kid?

Hell yeah. Some kid from Miami would go nuts seeing snow inside a practice facility on Alabama Junior Day.

I can see your point for places like Clemson and F$U. Crowd noise, bands, chants would help the team prepare for a different stadium feel. At BC would be our only cold weather game if scheduled after holloweeen so ther's no reason to crank up the AC. We can pump in crickets for our game at ODU.

I can see your point for places like Clemson and F$U. Crowd noise, bands, chants would help the team prepare for a different stadium feel. At BC would be our only cold weather game if scheduled after holloweeen so ther's no reason to crank up the AC. We can pump in crickets for our game at ODU.

They are already pumping sound into practice for games like that IIRC.

Maybe we can add a Hunger Games type of arena, with simulated lightning and shit.

I like Ph's idea of a virtual stadium. I also don't have to pay for it.

Honestly, it's hard to get excited about an indoor practice facility. Programs have had those for years. Playing catchup will have limited advantages unless we've got something cool and new to have an edge on everybody else.

Of course, indoor facilities in the South are comical anyway.

So what is the deal with some rumours I've heard that the construction going on to the side of Worrell facing the parking lot is an addition they are putting on that the undergrad science department is going to use. Seems like a pretty odd place to locate that.

Back