• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

So what is the deal with some rumours I've heard that the construction going on to the side of Worrell facing the parking lot is an addition they are putting on that the undergrad science department is going to use. Seems like a pretty odd place to locate that.
rumours?

So what is the deal with some rumours I've heard that the construction going on to the side of Worrell facing the parking lot is an addition they are putting on that the undergrad science department is going to use. Seems like a pretty odd place to locate that.

Addition to Worrell for HES to move out of Reynolds

HES is moving there.

Here's the article: http://inside.wfu.edu/2015/01/construction-underway-on-worrell-hall/

Building that thing really costs 20 some odd million dollars? blegh

VTech and NCState are building their indoors for much less. Think 14M. Has to be because ours in on campus.

Where are State and VT building if not on campus and how would that be cheaper?

Yeah, I'm not understanding how being on campus makes it more expensive. It's not like we're relocating Wait Chapel to build the thing.

Extra security costs needed to protect against the jihadist terrorists we have on staff

The extra cost also boosts the slush fund to placate the Faculty Drive residents who are still grouchy from the baseball stadium lights battle.

You guys do remember they basically had to move a mountain just to start building it, right?

Hey, now we'll have a place to hold graduation when it rains. We could have a loop of the monorail extend to the quad to move people to the practice field.

I don't think Wake has put a specific $$ tag on the S&C building/new practice gym, correct ?

I got the pitch recently - I think the practice field was $20 mm and the S&C/bball gym building was expected to be $30.

Last I heard, they were going to make that a formal seating area, but that could have changed.

We just named the thing a couple of years ago:
http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=35912

Based on Wellman's comments, I don't think the hill is going anywhere:
http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_2401d5fe-ee27-11e4-bb73-1b1699729d00.html
"This will make an immediate and positive impact on both our men's and women's soccer programs by improving competition conditions as well as assisting our coaches in their recruiting efforts. Spry Stadium is widely recognized as one of the finest collegiate soccer facilities in the country, and the renovation of the field, along with the recent addition of Walt Chyzowych Alumni Hill, enhances that reputation by improving the game day experience for our student-athletes, coaches and fans."

Good. I think the hill adds a lot of character to the venue. Was afraid the admin would screw it up.

Back