• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

Good. I think the hill adds a lot of character to the venue. Was afraid the admin would screw it up.

Well, if it's a "formal seating area," the DKE's will no longer be able to bring their kegs and couches there, so there may be less "character."

Last edited:
Well, if it's a "formal seating area," the DKE's will no longer be able to bring there kegs and couches there, so there may be less "character."

We took a keg to the showing of Caddyshack at DeTamble. The guy at the door wasn't going to let us bring it in - until we offered to buy a ticket for the keg. And a good time was had by all!

Wait, so from the photos, we're building the IPC as well as the S&C/Basketball Gym right now ? I apparently mistakenly thought we hadn't raised the $$$ yet for the latter.

So do we have a finish date yet ?

Wait, so from the photos, we're building the IPC as well as the S&C/Basketball Gym right now ? I apparently mistakenly thought we hadn't raised the $$$ yet for the latter.

Nope.

DeathStar2.jpg

I thought the S&C center and the Reynolda renovation were the same project.

Uh oh... I smell a plot to eliminate Polo Hill viewing...

Has nothing to do with the hill. These are just replacements for the windscreens/fences that are already there, and I think the windscreens will have more Wake Forest branding on them.

The hill was redone last year, and it's still free, BYOB, etc.

The two projects under construction now are the indoor practice center and the addition to/renovation of Reynolds Gym. The money for the strength & conditioning center/basketball practice center has not been raised yet.

But isn't that a foundation for the S&C building at the Miller end of the IPC ?

Bob - continued thanks for your pics.

Re: Reynolds....is there a reason the former tennis brick grandstand is still standing ?

Re: Reynolds....is there a reason the former tennis brick grandstand is still standing ?

For now, it's doing a fine job of holding the dirt back to keep the brick wall in place around the construction site. It will all come out when it's time to start filling in the upper portion to bring it to street level grade, building the retaining walls for the lower amphitheater and taking down the brick wall that surrounded the facility.

reynolds-gym-northeast-aerial.jpg

For now, it's doing a fine job of holding the dirt back to keep the brick wall in place around the construction site. It will all come out when it's time to start filling in the upper portion to bring it to street level grade, building the retaining walls for the lower amphitheater and taking down the brick wall that surrounded the facility.

reynolds-gym-northeast-aerial.jpg

Thanks Racer. I thought maybe they were going to incorporate it into the amphitheater.

Odd to throw an amphitheater in there. Doubles as shotput pitch?

I tend to agree. If we're wanting an amphitheater it seems to make more sense to have it next to Scales and be part of that building's redesign project...

Odd to throw an amphitheater in there. Doubles as shotput pitch?

I'm not sure what else would go there though. Seems a good use of the space for now and a creative way to deal with the grade change.

I'm not sure what else would go there though. Seems a good use of the space for now and a creative way to deal with the grade change.

It does make that intersection/corner of campus seem less closed off. The Leighton walls were always kind of disconcerting.

Can't believe you beat me to MONORAIL suggestion dot com. Perfect place for a monorail station.

Can't believe you beat me to MONORAIL suggestion dot com. Perfect place for a monorail station.

The monorail station can easily be at street level with the amphitheater below. Non-issue. And there's plenty of room for the mechanical bull with elevated spectator seating.

Back