• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

I am surprised that Essang Bassey isn't wearing a "Wake Forest" sweatshirt. That could be generic "any campus."

They also need to learn how to spell "receivers" during the video. Strong editorial work by someone:werd:

Thanks Bob. I always enjoy your photo updates of the new construction. It looks like we are building something special.

Awesome. Thanks for posting. Just rode by their Wednesday as well. Can't wait for it to be completed. Been spending time at the baseball stadium as well and have noticed it looks like they are getting ready to do something else to the facility (temporary fencing).

Semi-related, I swim at the Sutton Center/Reynolds in the mornings and that facility is awesome. Today after the workout I sat in the Wake themed hot tub and then hit a massage chair for 20 minutes before dragging my butt into work. Needless to say I wish we had something like that in the late-90's.

Hey Bob, we(I) need a photo update.

This building should be getting close to finis, yes ?

The facilities improvements for athletics and student intramurals / exercise are nothing short of amazing relative to what I experienced in the early 90's.

And the new Business School building is quite the eye-grabber too. Too bad the price tag now exceeds $70K. But at least you have a better chance of getting what you pay for at Wake Forest...except for a winning basketball program. ;-) Once we hit $80K, we should be back to challenging for ACC titles.

Does anyone know if there are any athletic department tours of the various team facilities? I remember going on the one when the Deacon Tower opened and it was kind of neat. I would be nice to see all of these new facilities in a 1-2 hour tour.

Does anyone know if there are any athletic department tours of the various team facilities? I remember going on the one when the Deacon Tower opened and it was kind of neat. I would be nice to see all of these new facilities in a 1-2 hour tour.

Call Ronnie Well Man at (336) 758-3140 to schedule your personal tour with the AD.

And the new Business School building is quite the eye-grabber too.

Since its construction, I've referred to it as the Death Star. It obscures the view of Wait Chapel as you enter campus from Polo Road, and dominates the horizon whenever it is in view.

Since its construction, I've referred to it as the Death Star. It obscures the view of Wait Chapel as you enter campus from Polo Road, and dominates the horizon whenever it is in view.

The real kicker is it was finished when Wake still had a full-time MBA program, which is what I bet the donors were trying to improve, and within 2 years of opening the building the full-time MBA program ceased to exist.

The real kicker is it was finished when Wake still had a full-time MBA program, which is what I bet the donors were trying to improve, and within 2 years of opening the building the full-time MBA program ceased to exist.

Seriously? I don't keep up with grad programs, but that's kind of shocking.

I don’t think so. There were already conversations about killing the full time MBA while it was under construction. The Farrell’s connection is with the undergrad program. I think it had more to do with the early career programs (MA in management, MS in analytics, etc), and a general classroom shortage after the enrollment expansion of the entire university.

I don’t think so. There were already conversations about killing the full time MBA while it was under construction. The Farrell’s connection is with the undergrad program. I think it had more to do with the early career programs (MA in management, MS in analytics, etc), and a general classroom shortage after the enrollment expansion of the entire university.

TITCR, but I'm sure the initial big contributors were not made aware of the B-school administrations plans. Enrollment was down and they were struggling to get the students with the US News metrics they needed to jump up in rankings. Doesn't help that Winston is also a smaller city with less opportunities to network/intern with big companies down the street, compared to say Duke which has the research triangle or schools located in NY, Chicago, LA, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas and Houston.

Back