• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Bob came through again.

8037743.jpeg

Site work is slated to begin in August and construction is expected to be completed by the end of 2015. A groundbreaking ceremony is being planned for the fall and will be announced at a later date.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/genrel/070114aac.html

Last edited:
We absolutley had to have this in order to remain relevant as a BCS football school. Thank you Mr. McCreary!!!

:dancindeac::dancindeac::golfclap:

Shot in the arm (or kick in the ass) for Wake football. McCreary is the MAN.

Is this different from the athletic performance/weight center or is the indoor practice part of the overall bigger performance center?

Very awesome either way. WF is committing a lot of (donor) money to football.

It's basically an indoor field.

The suttons are doing the weight center.

This is essential and big news. We've needed one of these for about a decade. Not falling behind anymore!

It's basically an indoor field.

The suttons are doing the weight center.

This is essential and big news. We've needed one of these for about a decade. Not falling behind anymore!

So the previously announced 4-story S&C building will go up in the gap between this and Miller ?

Saw a couple names I know listed - Prentiss Baker is a Raleigh construction magnate and Ricky Proehl's father in law. Gaither Keener was general counsel for Lowe's Home Improvement for many years, maybe still is.

I figured that once NCSU got its indoor facility, Wake wouldn't be too far behind.

Certainly appears a big chunk of the golf facility gets leveled....the old practice putting green and modest original golf clubhouse.

IIRC there's a good amount of room between the practice fields and the old golf facility with a good number of trees in between them.

Gauging by the released picture, it'd be somewhere along here:

24objoz.jpg

Be very jealous of my mspaint skillz.

I'm definitely joking. Really fantastic! Really really needed, along with the weight center. After the new weight center goes in, would like to see them expand the practice locker room and players lounge into where the old weight room is. Last major thing needing upgrading.

There are high schools in Texas which had better weight rooms in the 70's than Wake does. Bob McCreary should be acknowledged at every single game for the rest of his life. He's our version of T. Boone Pickens (though that's an insult to Bob!).

Back