• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

TITCR, but I'm sure the initial big contributors were not made aware of the B-school administrations plans. Enrollment was down and they were struggling to get the students with the US News metrics they needed to jump up in rankings. Doesn't help that Winston is also a smaller city with less opportunities to network/intern with big companies down the street, compared to say Duke which has the research triangle or schools located in NY, Chicago, LA, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas and Houston.

Losing Wachovia indirectly hurt the Wake MBA program because that eliminated a corporate HQ that could provide connections.

Losing Wachovia indirectly hurt the Wake MBA program because that eliminated a corporate HQ that could provide connections.

Meh. That merger was announced in February 2001. Wake announced the elimination of the full-time MBA in October 2014. And it's not like the bank just disappeared. It was all relocated to Charlotte.

Meh. That merger was announced in February 2001. Wake announced the elimination of the full-time MBA in October 2014. And it's not like the bank just disappeared. It was all relocated to Charlotte.

Following the merger, Wachovia no longer had the special relationship with Wake that had been in place for many years. And all Wachovia operations eventually left Winston-Salem except for a few branches. Far different situation for placing interns than having corporate HQ in town.

Following the merger, Wachovia no longer had the special relationship with Wake that had been in place for many years. And all Wachovia operations eventually left Winston-Salem except for a few branches. Far different situation for placing interns than having corporate HQ in town.

It's one freaking company and MBA students are looking for summer internships in their chosen industry in locations where they can get ahead, not with some second tier bank in an unimportant city.

Bob, thanks for the photos. I appreciate your work in keeping us out of area people up to date on campus building projects.

Thanks Bob. We out-of-towners really appreciate it.

I try to ride by there when I can. I must say that whole area has come a long way the last few years.

More like it has become unrecognizable in the last few years.

Some updated pictures please!

Updated pictures please!

For us out of towners

Trying to get oriented on that vid....

Where/what is the 'green' room from which the players are entering ?

Is the S&C room on the ground level ?

Back