• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

They are walking in from the McCreary Indoor Practice Center through a large, connecting, garage-type door. The permanent door is not in place though. The walls of the indoor practice center are not green-they are light gold and they look greenish in the video because of the light.

That is the ground floor of the performance center. It has a ceiling that is two floors high, so it's sort of an atrium. It faces the practice fields.

It looks ready to use even though the building is not finished inside. But it is certainly full of equipment. It makes me think they already moved all the football weight equipment from the indoor practice center into the new building and they will be using it there. But that's just a guess based on my thinking that they probably didn't buy all new weight gear for the new building when they already had a huge set of gear in the indoor practice center.

Thanks Bob.

Where are all the ellipticals?

Hopefully there's a whole rack of these
giphy.gif

Wow!

I know it's ancient history, but I compare this to the weight room in the mid 70's - which wouldn't even be acceptable for a poor man's fitness center today. It's a totally different world. But then again, so are the players and so is our team.

I always wished that they would have put natural gas lines within the statue so that on game days, the Deacon's eyes would be fire... and maybe some fire out of the top of the walking stick

Last edited:
I always wished that they would have put natural gas lines within the statue so that on game days, the Deacon's eyes would be fire... and maybe some fire out of the top of the walking stick

And a creepy demonic voice. Vincent Price would be magical.

Does anyone know when the indoor practice center is scheduled to be complete? I can't see Ron Wellman retiring beforehand. I am sure he wants to do a victory lap and get some adulation before he finally rides off into the sunset. Will this be done this Spring, so that Ron may be gone for 2019/2020 school year, or are we stuck with him through 2020?

Does anyone know when the indoor practice center is scheduled to be complete? I can't see Ron Wellman retiring beforehand. I am sure he wants to do a victory lap and get some adulation before he finally rides off into the sunset. Will this be done this Spring, so that Ron may be gone for 2019/2020 school year, or are we stuck with him through 2020?

The indoor practice facility has been open for some time.

Saw the football team weight room has been moved into the Sutton Center so would expect the rest of that building would be ready by football season?

Haven't seen much updates from the basketball building but who really cares at this point. It'll be ready by 2022 when we have a new coach.

My point is that Wellman is not going anywhere until this complex is done. He has too much ego not to take his victory lap after its opening. Seems like we are stuck with him another 2-3 years.

Nothing like an unfinished building to get a 17-year old recruit super hyped.

You joke, but Morgan McSweeney told us a month ago that he committed to Wake in part because he saw design plans for the new baseball facilities.

Nothing like an unfinished building to get a 17-year old recruit super hyped.

Sutton Center helped us get Groulx and Greene. These impressive on campus facilities can be a game changer for WF. Went from basically nothing to among best facilities in the nation, all within a short distance from the dorms on south campus.

Those football and basketball facilities now dominate that side of campus. They speak to a major commitment to athletics at Wake. Even though the facilities are not complete, recruits can easily see what will be soon.

Back