• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 149: turftoega, ban me now, biatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, nope. Not a whole lot to talk about besides that cool Sound and Cinema thing I went to on Wednesday night. Pretty intense 4-5 days doe. Looking forward to laying low this week and finally moving to my new spot on Thursday.

It was great having a long enough weekend for it to be both productive and relaxing. I made a decent list of stuff to do around the house and got most of it done, while still going to two cookouts, a hike and a full day at a friend's lake house.

had a very #swpl sunday

brunch

walked along the river for a couple miles, spread out a blanket and read in the park for a while

stopped at a bar for a couple microbrews

came home and did some painting

grilled some VEGGIES

watched teh wire

bed

I never saw the appeal of getting #blackout. Mostly seems like an excuse for people to go full-douche.

But you do you.

moving in with the giffy already?!

Nah, staying with the same roommate, just moving to an even DOPER location, two block south of downtown and a half mile from Zilker Park and Barton Springs. Its just been in the works for almost three months so I'm ready to go.

i mean, the appeal isn't blacking out

The end is not the trophy.

Yep, drinking is about the journey, not the destination. The entire day and night were fun as shit and it was awesome having all my Austin peeps together, being American as fuck. Its just that sometimes that destination involves blacking out. Although at this point its more of browning out, as I don't remember the photobooth or cabbing home, but I do remember being back at her place late night.

Last edited:
had a very #swpl sunday

brunch

walked along the river for a couple miles, spread out a blanket and read in the park for a while

stopped at a bar for a couple microbrews

came home and did some painting

grilled some VEGGIES

watched teh wire

bed

you carried a blanket to read in the park and painted in the same day? good lord

a lil rachmaninoff later, picked up some debussy i need to get into soon as well

a lil rachmaninoff later, picked up some debussy i need to get into soon as well

Claire de Lune is my favorite classical music piece, hands down.

Has anyone seen the movie Snowpiercer yet? It's gotten really good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and EW had good things to say about it too.

Claire de Lune is my favorite classical music piece, hands down.

Has anyone seen the movie Snowpiercer yet? It's gotten really good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and EW had good things to say about it too.

there was a discussion of it on the superhero thread for some reason

The gf got into a car wreck like 10 days ago and totaled her car. She got a brand new 2014 last Tuesday and then got t-boned by a lady who ran a stop light on Thursday night with 24 total miles on the car. Today's the first time insurance adjuster, dealership, etc have all been open and the car is about $1000 from being totaled this time. Pretty awesome run of luck over the last 2 weeks.

Debussy is de boss.

The gf got into a car wreck like 10 days ago and totaled her car. She got a brand new 2014 last Tuesday and then got t-boned by a lady who ran a stop light on Thursday night with 24 total miles on the car. Today's the first time insurance adjuster, dealership, etc have all been open and the car is about $1000 from being totaled this time. Pretty awesome run of luck over the last 2 weeks.

Shit. That's awful.

I made and hung curtains for my living room, avoided arthur, got a little sunburnt, lots of boat time, lots of beach time, a few cocktail hours, read a book, made s'mores, saw some fireworks... Pretty solid fourth.

Oh and for the peeps who wanted to see the curtains I made, here ya go:
eryquqan.jpg

Ugh, that sucks.

They say things always happen in threes-- fingers crossed it doesn't happen a third time!

Listened to much Erik Satie, townie? I feel like you'd dig his compositions based on the composers you've stated previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back