• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 149: turftoega, ban me now, biatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't find Rob Delaney all that funny. Maybe an occasional tweet makes me chuckle, and everytime he is in a show or movie I generally find him unfunny. He just tries too hard.

I also don't find Rob Delaney all that funny. Maybe an occasional tweet makes me chuckle, and everytime he is in a show or movie I generally find him unfunny. He just tries too hard.

What has he been in? I remember seeing one Key and Peele skit but that's it.

I've just spent way too much timing looking at how iPhone and Android emoji compare. Dash's favorite red-dress dancing girl in iPhone switches over to a yellow-suited dancing man in Android.

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/full-emoji-list.html

totally fascainated by this and what the names are "supposed" to be. "information desk person" is another one of my faves because i thought it looked like she was plumping up her hair/tossing it behind her shoulder like "oh yeahhh". or something.

had to look up a business this weekend based in Vernon, Florida, which I had never heard of before. eventually stumbled upon the city's Wikipedia page and read this:

The town gained infamy in the late 1950s and early 1960s due to the improbably high percentage of residents who put out insurance claims on lost limbs, to the point that many speculated that residents of the town were intentionally dismembering themselves for the insurance money. Although there is no real evidence to support these speculations, these insurance claims from Vernon, with a population of 500–800, accounted for as many as 2/3 of claims nationally. The town was referred to as "Nub City".

lol

had to look up a business this weekend based in Vernon, Florida, which I had never heard of before. eventually stumbled upon the city's Wikipedia page and read this:

lol

You could do a great photoshop of CP3 and Griffin titled Nub City.

The worst part about Delaney sucking is that I feel like people probably confuse him with John Mulaney, who is actually funny.

LOL, I was reading this thread backwards, saw the stuff about Delaney not being funny and was like, "wait, isn't that Bill Hader's writing partner on all the Stefon stuff? That guy is great."

Mulaney has some good standup and I was look forward to his new show on paper until I saw the trailer. it's like a C-rate Seinfeld. Part of me feels like Fox dumbed it down after picking it up (NBC declined it).

totally fascainated by this and what the names are "supposed" to be. "information desk person" is another one of my faves because i thought it looked like she was plumping up her hair/tossing it behind her shoulder like "oh yeahhh". or something.

yeah some of those are pretty different from how I see them! I see the "face savouring delicious food" as more of a silly face, sticking out your tongue. and yeah information desk person looks pretty different in apple vs. android. looks like a airline stewardess in android.

I need to start reading books and articles with the framework of 'how am I going to explain this cool new knowledge to a friend?'.

I feel like I read a lot of cool stuff (Townie articles about food and disrupt theory) but I need to be a more active reader.

Holy hell just had the most fruitless 30 minute phone call with my insurance company asking what I THOUGHT were a few simple questions. I asked about C section coverage and the guy began reading to me (straight from the benefits page that I told him I had already read) about STERILIZATION AND VASECTOMY COVERAGE. WTF.

How does one go about speaking to someone that actually knows about coverage and doesn't just search the benefits page in exactly the same manner that I do? Talk to someone in a doctors office or hospital that deals with various insurance companies?

Talk to the benefits coordinator at your place of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back