• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 149: turftoega, ban me now, biatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy hell just had the most fruitless 30 minute phone call with my insurance company asking what I THOUGHT were a few simple questions. I asked about C section coverage and the guy began reading to me (straight from the benefits page that I told him I had already read) about STERILIZATION AND VASECTOMY COVERAGE. WTF.

How does one go about speaking to someone that actually knows about coverage and doesn't just search the benefits page in exactly the same manner that I do? Talk to someone in a doctors office or hospital that deals with various insurance companies?

Are you BCBS? If so, there is a company in Clemmons that is an expert in it. It's own by a wake grad and they are very knowledgeable in what BCBS covers. You could honestly just pop in and they would talk to you.

Are you BCBS? If so, there is a company in Clemmons that is an expert in it. It's own by a wake grad and they are very knowledgeable in what BCBS covers. You could honestly just pop in and they would talk to you.

Yes, I am. Clemmons is pretty out of my way to just drop by though. I guess I'll call my hospital and see if they can help. They will at least know that a C-section is ALSO sometimes called a "Cesarean Section" because this guy didn't.

Yes, I am. Clemmons is pretty out of my way to just drop by though. I guess I'll call my hospital and see if they can help. They will at least know that a C-section is ALSO sometimes called a "Cesarean Section" because this guy didn't.

If your office is where I think it is, it is 10 minutes away. But you are welcome to call them. I'll rep you the company. They are great. I used them the other month to help me figure out some insurance issues.

AWAR, call your doctor and they can run your insurance to see what is covered.

Anybody have any experience with using a realtor to look for a rental? How does that fee agreement work out? Is there a fee or is this more for the development of new business for when you're ready to buy?

^I'd guess the latter but I'd google it or maybe someone here knows

Anybody have any experience with using a realtor to look for a rental? How does that fee agreement work out? Is there a fee or is this more for the development of new business for when you're ready to buy?

We did this a few years ago when looking. For this one it was more of a courtesy in the hopes that we would use her when we were ready to buy. I honestly would have but she is no longer with her firm. She was great to work with.

I just spoke with a realtor about finding a place. I think the owner often lists the property and pays a listing fee. I guess now that I think about it I used one once before but they also handled the property management side of it.

AWAR, call your doctor and they can run your insurance to see what is covered.

Not always. That is one of the issues that I had. I had called my Ob/Gyn to see if something was covered. They ran my insurance and said "of course". I still wasn't comfortable because I had done some research online and saw that it wasn't covered. So I popped down to this company and they looked into it for me and turns out it was not covered.

Depends on the city and situation, because I've dealt with both.

I paid a broker fee once, basically a finder fee that was pretty cheap, about 25% of a month's rent.

Most recently, in the nicer place I lived, they were realty/property management, so it was about drumming up business in general.

It's so bad how the corporate world makes me act upbeat and positive at all times even if the circumstance doesn't dictate it.

e.g. My first instinct is to say something like 'that's great' if you tell me your cat died.

It's so bad how the corporate world makes me act upbeat and positive at all times even if the circumstance doesn't dictate it.

e.g. My first instinct is to say something like 'that's great' if you tell me your cat died.

Dead cats are good.

31Mf0bdf%2BhL.jpg

An old boss who talked a lot went on and on about something and I put her on autopilot. Once there was finally a pause in the conversation I said, "That's great."

She responded, "How is my daughter going to detention great?"

An old boss who talked a lot went on and on about something and I put her on autopilot. Once there was finally a pause in the conversation I said, "That's great."

She responded, "How is my daughter going to detention great?"

I'm bad about saying "You too" like in the context of if someone says to "Have a great day." like yesterday the ticket agent at the gate said to "have a nice flight" and I instinctively said "you too."

Holy hell just had the most fruitless 30 minute phone call with my insurance company asking what I THOUGHT were a few simple questions. I asked about C section coverage and the guy began reading to me (straight from the benefits page that I told him I had already read) about STERILIZATION AND VASECTOMY COVERAGE. WTF.

How does one go about speaking to someone that actually knows about coverage and doesn't just search the benefits page in exactly the same manner that I do? Talk to someone in a doctors office or hospital that deals with various insurance companies?

Your insurance handbook (not just the summary document) will spell out your coverage in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back