• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Le Tour de France (NWT)

ONW

Reaction score
I know they're all cheating, so it's not sporting anymore, but it is amazing that they let bystanders get that close to these guys. Intentional or accidental, the lack of crashes is unbelievable. Add in the motorcycles and cars whipping around the road and being NASCAR close with other bikes, and it seems like a recipe for disaster. The scenery is great though, and the announcer is terrific.

Last edited:
damn cavendish goes down hard at the end of the first stage. marcel kittle wins the yellow jersey.

I know the media wants us to love Cavendish, but I just can't bring myself to root for the guy. He has always seemed very arrogant and entitled to me. He clearly caused that wreck today and the commentators tiptoed around placing the blame on him for the rest of the show.

I know the media wants us to love Cavendish, but I just can't bring myself to root for the guy. He has always seemed very arrogant and entitled to me. He clearly caused that wreck today and the commentators tiptoed around placing the blame on him for the rest of the show.

"I'm gutted about the crash today," Cavendish said in the statement. "It was my fault. I'll personally apologize to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance. In reality, I tried to find a gap that wasn't really there. I wanted to win today."

Glad he owned up to it - I definitely thought it looked like his fault, but I understand why the commentators can't say things like that.
Pretty ho-hum stage; I love watching the lead-outs form up at the end of stages. Cancellara almost threw a wrench in things today, and I guess he did to an extent; ultimately glad for Kittle.

As for the doping... it's a cleaner sport than it was even 5 years ago, and I do fully believe that, but it's still got a ways to go.

Could it have gotten dirtier?

Commentaters should absolutely assign blame in a crash. They aren't there to make friends.

I'll admit, I have trouble watching now. I was an Armstrong believer. In spite of the evidence and common sense, I bought his bull shit hook line and sinker. Feel pretty stupid now, but there it is. He wasn't the only cheater, just the best one. Contador and Schleck are racing this year, and they're both dirty. They should just let them all cheat and be done with it.

I'll admit, I have trouble watching now. I was an Armstrong believer. In spite of the evidence and common sense, I bought his bull shit hook line and sinker. Feel pretty stupid now, but there it is. He wasn't the only cheater, just the best one. Contador and Schleck are racing this year, and they're both dirty. They should just let them all cheat and be done with it.

They all are cheating. They probably always have been.

Me too. Though I'd like to see the sport clean. I am not interested in watching a PED race.

If you assume everyone is doping (they are), then it's pretty much the same because of relative competition.

I understand that viewpoint but a sport where doping is that common place doesn't hold much interest for me.

I understand that viewpoint but a sport where doping is that common place doesn't hold much interest for me.

Assuming everyone was clean, would you notice a difference in the sport? I think it's ok to just not really be into cycling. You were into the Armstrong story more than the sport. That's cool, most of us were. I've seen more of Lance on a podium than on a bike.

Assuming everyone was clean, would you notice a difference in the sport? I think it's ok to just not really be into cycling. You were into the Armstrong story more than the sport. That's cool, most of us were. I've seen more of Lance on a podium than on a bike.

No, but I would enjoy it more knowing everyone was clean. And I actually cycled pretty regularly for several years, so I enjoyed the sport. I more-or-less gave it up because I don't want to get hit by a car. But that's another story entirely.

But if you doped, you might be able to outrun that crazy ex who is trying to run you off the road.

The stuff they're doing, steroids or no, is still fucking bonkers.

Back