• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Downtown Greensboro is getting a House of Blues

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
I had heard this from my nephew who is a GPD several months ago.

City of Greensboro ‏@greensborocity 26m
Exciting announcement with House of Blues coming to downtown Greensboro!

3377.png

Good for Greensboro, hopefully that helps them get some acts that may not otherwise play at the Coliseum.

Any ideas on where in downtown it'll be located?

Elm Street. Where Allure is now.

I was surprised as well.

The venue is affiliated with House of Blues Entertainment and Live Nation. The name of the venue has not been officially announced, however it will not be named House of Blues. House of Blues Entertainment will book acts for the venue.

http://myfox8.com/2014/07/10/house-of-blues-coming-to-greensboro/

Rocky Scarfone, who owns Allure and Ham's Restaurants, and Winston-Salem Attorney Jeffrey Furr are the managing partners in the venture.

http://www.news-record.com/business/local_business/article_fce485b0-0840-11e4-a35a-001a4bcf6878.html

Last edited:
That's cool. The Fillmore Charlotte gets acts that I would like to see but wouldn't drive to Charlotte. But I would go see some in GSO.

The venue is affiliated with House of Blues Entertainment and Live Nation. The name of the venue has not been officially announced, however it will not be named House of Blues. House of Blues Entertainment will book acts for the venue.

So Greensboro is NOT getting a House of Blues. Can we get a mod to edit the title?

I haven't been to the one on Sunset in about 4-5 years, but they used to have good food. The Gospel Sunday Brunch is very good.

Definitely not good news for Ziggy's. Greensboro has never really had a venue that could compete in that size range.

Back