• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At least 172 Palestinians killed, 1,280 injured, UN says 77% are civilians

Does Israel acknowledge Palestine's right to exist? I know that there are different stances from different players here, but what is the official stance of Israel as far as whether or not Palestine should be a recognized state?

I feel like I keep hearing stuff like "Palestine doesn't want Israel to exist" but I've always been under the impression that Israel has never recognized Palestine as a state either.

Can you at least read the thread? This has been discussed. Both sides are completely at fault and nobody is saying Hamas is anything other than a terrorist organization.

Can I at least read the thread? Good one. How about you go back and read the thread and explain some of the opinions on here. Hell, read this page of the thread where someone claims the defense systems in place are all Israel needs to be secure. Can't believe I'm about to type this - but RJ has this one dead right.

I don't remember one time on here anybody saying that "defense systems in place are all Israel needs to be secure."

Does Israel acknowledge Palestine's right to exist? I know that there are different stances from different players here, but what is the official stance of Israel as far as whether or not Palestine should be a recognized state?

I feel like I keep hearing stuff like "Palestine doesn't want Israel to exist" but I've always been under the impression that Israel has never recognized Palestine as a state either.

Yes. Israel has always held the official position that it will recognize a Palestinian state as soon as it's own right to exist is acknowledged. That has been the case for decades. Hamas - which effectively rules Gaza - holds that every square inch of what is now Israel should cease to exist.

Can I at least read the thread? Good one. How about you go back and read the thread and explain some of the opinions on here. Hell, read this page of the thread where someone claims the defense systems in place are all Israel needs to be secure. Can't believe I'm about to type this - but RJ has this one dead right.

this post is anti-dentite

Yes. Israel has always held the official position that it will recognize a Palestinian state as soon as it's own right to exist is acknowledged. That has been the case for decades. Hamas - which effectively rules Gaza - holds that every square inch of what is now Israel should cease to exist.

Have they always held that official position? Why has the US, at Israel's request, defunded organizations recognizing Palestine as a state then?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/31/world/meast/unesco-palestinian-membership/

Probably because you read the thread.

See above. If only Israel had an Iron dome. The whole thing is pre-posterous. Let's say Cuba started launching missiles at Miami every day and sent over suicide bombers. Would we tolerate that for months on end even though only a handful of the bombs made it to targets and exploded? Of course not.

See above. If only Israel had an Iron dome. The whole thing is pre-posterous. Let's say Cuba started launching missiles at Miami every day and sent over suicide bombers. Would we tolerate that for months on end even though only a handful of the bombs made it to targets and exploded? Of course not.
Could you please quote the post your referring to please?

And where is the anti-semitism?

Jesus Christ. We've talked about this. It's not the same at all. There is no historical comparison, USA is not Israel, Palestine is not Cuba.

Another DeacMan classic. He uses tired metaphors that have already been addressed on the thread and acts like he's playing a trump card.

I don't understand how both of these ideas can coexist:
1. Israel could easily destroy Hamas/is taking it lightly
2. The proposed 1967 borders for a Palestine state are indefensible.

This is DeacMan.

28he8np.jpg

He knows anit-semitism when he sees it, damn it!

How does Hamas defend themselves and avoid having "human shields" in an area with such high population density?

Oh and what kind of assholes willingly kill women and children despite having technology perfectly capable of defense? If they know the likelihood of civilian deaths is high, stop bombing.

Calling a Jewish state a bunch of assholes, check.

Wondering how Hamas, a group that vows to destroy the Jewish state, will "defend" itself - when the answer is obvious - i.e. quit launching fucking rockets at Israel. Check.

Yep, no anti-semitism or prejudice here. 12,000 rockets have been launched by Hamas at Israel in the last dozen years. 12,000? And what does Israel do. Before they launch assaults they warn civilians to move out of the targeted area. They set up hospitals to treat those who may be hurt. But hey, they're the "assholes" - right?

It's like you completely didn't read any of the posts criticizing your broad definition of anti-semitism.

This new "Jewish people can't be assholes" bit is hilarious.

DeacMan, your arguments have already been rebutted on this thread and the one on the Pit. You look like a fool because you didn't read what people were saying before jumping in.

I guess the above is anti-Minnesotite.

Yeah, they're assholes. Hamas is a bunch of bigger assholes

Exactly. On the other hand, Palestinian children are not assholes.

Not buying it. I think it has far more to do with the fact it's just an incredibly densely populated area and when you drop a bomb on a house you're likely to kill innocent men, women, and children.

Or this, which ignores that Hamas launches rockets from houses. Again over 10,000 rockets in a 12 years. That's more than one a day. Don't think for one second these scum aren't purposefully setting up shop in the most densely populated places in Gaza. Of course they are. Yet any action against them is met with cries of "war crimes".

Hamas has admitted to these tactics. They openly speak about the elderly, the women and the children being willing to sacrifice themselves. This from the Hamas interior minister. But hey, you're not buying. Right? Never mind the admission, it just doesn't fit the narrative you want to buy.

"“For the Palestinian people, death has become an industry, at which women excel, and so do all the people living on this land. The elderly excel at this, and so do the mujahideen and the children. This is why they have formed human shields of the women, the children, the elderly, and the mujahideen, in order to challenge the Zionist bombing machine. It is as if they were saying to the Zionist enemy: ‘We desire death like you desire life.’”

It's like you completely didn't read any of the posts criticizing your broad definition of anti-semitism.

This new "Jewish people can't be assholes" bit is hilarious.

DeacMan, your arguments have already been rebutted on this thread and the one on the Pit. You look like a fool because you didn't read what people were saying before jumping in.

I guess the above is anti-Minnesotite.

Exactly. On the other hand, Palestinian children are not assholes.

You've proven nothing of the kind, Ph. But keep on convincing yourself.

Back