• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At least 172 Palestinians killed, 1,280 injured, UN says 77% are civilians

I'm of Jewish descent and my mother escaped the concentration camps in Germany, and I (we) think the Israelis have been hijacked by the extreme right much like America has and they overzealous.

The Christian Right assholes in America want to save Israel so Jesus can come back and save them, that's it.

If Israel seeks our help we should absolutely tell them to fuck off.

ETA: I never understood the American defense of Israel until I got to Boston and saw first-hand the response of Jewish people. Almost every single Jewish person I've met up here is a huge Zionist. Even radically liberal people in all other aspects of their life seem to be irrational about anything pertaining to Israel and war.

You didn't have to go to Boston to find that.

It's not just Jewish people, really. Spray paint "Free Palestine" anywhere and watch people freak out.

As I've said for years, Bebe is a huge impediment for peace. He needs to go.

The Israeli cops who beat that kid need to go to jail for a long time.The Israelis who killed the Palestinian kid need to go to jail for life.

However, Hamas needs to go as well. They kidnapped and murdered three innocent kids. They refused to help find who did it. They continued to shoot rockets into Israel. Hamas is also shooting rockets at Israel from Lebanon.

It's amazing that so many here blame Israel for attacking Hamas targets in Gaza.

What do you think we would do if Mexico shots rockets into Texas every day? What do you think we would do if Castro shot even one missile into FL?

Do you think we would do as the Israelis do and tell the people in the neighborhood they are about to hit to move away? Or do think we'd level an entire area in Cuba or Mexico?

Bebe needs to go. He does overreact, but don't act like Hamas isn't the real problem. There would peace there if not for them.

Rick Perry and his new glasses would have to invade Mexico. It's pretty simple.

Both sides are to blame for almost everything that has happened and continues to happen. USA needs to GTFO on both sides.

Hamas intentionally puts their rocket sites in schools, hospitals and apartment buildings. They admit to using people as human shields.

Without Hamas, I'd bet there would be peace. The PA and Israel want peace. Hamas wants Israel to cease to exist.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about the international response. They'll get it right.

I'm worried about the neo-con response and the pressure on Obama to just stand in line with Israel's aggression.

fortunately obama is his own man and can make up his own mind

Hamas intentionally puts their rocket sites in schools, hospitals and apartment buildings. They admit to using people as human shields.

Without Hamas, I'd bet there would be peace. The PA and Israel want peace. Hamas wants Israel to cease to exist.

Hamas is the lone deterrent to peace in the Middle East? I call bullshit. Israel has right-wingers just as ridiculous towards Palestine as Hamas provoking the fight. The fire is stoked from both sides and always has been - always will be. Don't go bombing densely populated areas and send your guard into Gaza with the known end result being hundreds of casualties.

If this continues to escalate I fully hope the international community condemns Israel for abusing international law as cited by the U.N. Human Rights chief as seen here: http://www.newsweek.com/un-human-ri...l-might-be-violating-international-law-258338

"We have received deeply disturbing reports that many of the civilian casualties, including of children, occurred as a result of strikes on homes. Such reports raise serious doubt about whether the Israeli strikes have been in accordance with international humanitarian law and international human rights law," Pillay said in a statement."

I'm of Jewish descent and my mother escaped the concentration camps in Germany, and I (we) think the Israelis have been hijacked by the extreme right much like America has and they overzealous.

The Christian Right assholes in America want to save Israel so Jesus can come back and save them, that's it.

Check in the Bible to see what happens when people try to take God things into their own hands.

You know the situation over there is crazy when it results in rj and me being in agreement with one another...

Hamas is the lone deterrent to peace in the Middle East? I call bullshit. Israel has right-wingers just as ridiculous towards Palestine as Hamas provoking the fight. The fire is stoked from both sides and always has been - always will be. Don't go bombing densely populated areas and send your guard into Gaza with the known end result being hundreds of casualties.

If this continues to escalate I fully hope the international community condemns Israel for abusing international law as cited by the U.N. Human Rights chief as seen here: http://www.newsweek.com/un-human-ri...l-might-be-violating-international-law-258338

"We have received deeply disturbing reports that many of the civilian casualties, including of children, occurred as a result of strikes on homes. Such reports raise serious doubt about whether the Israeli strikes have been in accordance with international humanitarian law and international human rights law," Pillay said in a statement."

The reason civilians are getting killed is because of cowards in Hamas putting their rocket batteries in schools, hospitals and apartment buildings. Before each trike, the Israeli military tell people in neighborhood to leave as a strike is coming.

Hamas bombs Israel almost every day. Without doing this, there wouldn't be Israeli strikes.

Hamas is shooting rockets into Israel. form two countries.

You've never answered what do you think we would do is Mexico, Canada or Cuba was bombing us every day for years?

Do you actually think the US military would go out of its way to civilians to leave before the strikes? Or do you think we'd do like we did to Iraq? To Hanoi? To Dresden and carpet bomb them?

The reality is if Hamas stopped bombing there would be no Israeli bombing. To me even batshit crazy Bebe (who as I've said before on this thread is an impediment to peace) has restraint in not wiping out sections of Gaza over the past fifteen years due to the constant bombing.

#thingsamericanssay

What kind of assholes just kill women and children anyway? If your enemy is using human shields, find another way.

People who are having rockets fired indiscriminately at their own civilians and there is no other way. Let's not make it sound like they are making these decisions in a vacuum with no consequences, and they are just being lazy. I think that if there was another way, they'd be using it. Sitting back and absorbing missile strikes isn't a great status quo to mark time in waiting for the perfect solution to fall out of the sky (forgive the pun).

Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas on earth, with 9713 people per sq mile. With that level of people, you don't need to try to use human shields, they're all around you. It's a given. Nor can you execute surgical air strikes on military targets.

Isreal tries the same things over and over with Hamas. It hasn't worked, and it won't work this time.

Is the "yo hamas" tag a play on "yo mama"? If so, that's incredibly silly but kind of amusing. Also chuckled at the "hamas using rj's playbook" (in reference to the drone).

There's a Hamas and PETA joke out there but I'm not funny enough to figure it out.

This is such a cyclical argument. If you think the Israelis aren't just as ready to get dirty like Hamas, you are kidding yourself. If you think that Hamas is putting the best interest of the Palestine people first, you are kidding yourself. This tiny segment of Earth has caused more problems than anywhere ever for thousands of years. If Russia and China picked up Cuba and set it down in Mississippi and said deal with it, I'm pretty sure we'd be pissed off also.

Back