• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At least 172 Palestinians killed, 1,280 injured, UN says 77% are civilians

And Palestinians believe that Israel is on their land and that they are defending it. You're predicating this all on your perception of what the borders look like.

There was an Israel thousands of years ago. There's never been a "Palestinian State".

You're position is predicated on something that never existed.

This is such a cyclical argument. If you think the Israelis aren't just as ready to get dirty like Hamas, you are kidding yourself. If you think that Hamas is putting the best interest of the Palestine people first, you are kidding yourself. This tiny segment of Earth has caused more problems than anywhere ever for thousands of years. If Russia and China picked up Cuba and set it down in Mississippi and said deal with it, I'm pretty sure we'd be pissed off also.

Cuba wouldn't last 2 months down here, even if they had Che Gueverra himself leading the charge. Nice try :)

Reactions: ONW
I didn't dispute that Israel had versions for thousands of years, you said there had never been a Palestinian state.

Do you dispute that Israel has the right to defend itself?

i read it was 5 mins notice.... better hope you're not taking a shit or sleeping in a basement or wheelchair bound. also, U.S. dropped leaflets in WWII but again it really didn't save many lives, as we're seeing here.

collateral damage from shrapnal to people and property would be immense as well, blocks and miles away.

lastly, Niccolo Machiavelli once said in "The Prince:" never take a mans home, my prince, for he'll sooner forget the execution of his father than the destruction of his house.

IOW if you're going to lose everything, all your possessions, some people won't bother to evacuate. and those that do will hate you forever (especially if not all their family members made it). people don't forget things like that, and that was what Machiavelli was trying to tell his prince.

Last edited:
I mean the formation of current Israel is some fucked up shit that pretty much was put into place as pure sympathy.

it was a crusade from the get go, it just may not look like one of the historical ones but trust it most assuredly is. if the allies hadn't wanted to establish the jewish state there i doubt it would be there. those who live in Palestine know what this is.

I recommend the crescent and the cross docu for more details on the history of this situation and the way people of the crescent see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgOFrRIeDo&feature=kp

not the same at all.....SYG is about insane perception...mine is about after you are shot at.

Well technically the iron dome is defending itself. Blowing up random rocket sites with large scale civilian and collateral damage is not defending yourself because it does not stop the rocket attacks, so that's more offensive or just pointless.

That's not answering the question.

The facts are Hamas has initiated the sending of rockets into Israel. Is Israel allowed to defend itself?

No one started it, and everybody started it. Who gives a fuck at this point? Start fixing the damn issues and quit trying to backtrack to who did what to whom first in whatever year BC to justify what's going on now, which is killing civilians and occasionally someone bad. You're both wrong. I don't care who cast the first stone in the time of Ezekiel, and if the US didn't give a shit for whatever reason, no one else would either.

I would avidly support the U.S. not appropriating billions of dollars a year for the Israeli defense.

not the same at all.....SYG is about insane perception...mine is about after you are shot at.

Yeah, b/c the Israelis and Palestinians don't have any insane perceptions of one another....

I would avidly support the U.S. not appropriating billions of dollars a year for the Israeli defense.

You still won't answer the question. In your world why doesn't have the same right to defend itself as the US?

What would Israel do if Canada, Mexico, or Cuba were lobbing missiles into the US?

Not spend $3B a year on our defense.

Back