• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At least 172 Palestinians killed, 1,280 injured, UN says 77% are civilians

The person who is attacked has the right to defend himself. It's that simple.

Yes, there needs to be a Palestinian State. Yes, there needs to be an end to the blockade in Gaza. But also yes to the PA reigning in the murderers of Hamas.

Israel threw the first punch if you want to get technical... But that'd involve going back a ways.

Yes, there needs to be a Palestinian State. Yes, there needs to be an end to the blockade in Gaza. But also yes to the PA reigning in the murderers of Hamas.

And what I'm telling you is these people have been fighting each other for thousands of years. You're simplifying it to "Hamas threw the first punch this time"

And what I'm telling you is these people have been fighting each other for thousands of years. You're simplifying it to "Hamas threw the first punch this time"

And such a simplistic viewpoint is a very Tea Party-esque acceptance of ignorance. Not to mention religious and spiritual hypocrisy.

And such a simplistic viewpoint is a very Tea Party-esque acceptance of ignorance. Not to mention religious and spiritual hypocrisy.

What's simplistic is this post. Not surprising at all coming from you.

Yeah the chart was just showing rockets over the past week or so, you're contending that Israel is justified in firing rockets into Gaza and deploying troops to march through Gaza because Hamas is currently firing rockets.

What's simplistic is this post. Not surprising at all coming from you.

Are you religious, RJ?

I'm not the one talking about the Israel-Palestine crisis in terms of throwing the first punch.

And that last jab constitutes throwing the first punch, just fyi.

It's like me standing on a deck at a party, pissing onto somebody who is standing under an umbrella and the person responds by shitting in their hand and flinging it into a crowded party. The person under the umbrella is never going to get wet even if it was my intention, while throwing your shit into a party is going to hit some people and both sides know that this is the case.

:squint:

Yeah the chart was just showing rockets over the past week or so, you're contending that Israel is justified in firing rockets into Gaza and deploying troops to march through Gaza because Hamas is currently firing rockets.

As much as I am for retaliating against Hamas, I'd be just as opposed to Israel starting the launches.

Don't fall into the laziness of others on this board. Read what I post not that I post it. If you do, you'd see that I oppose the settlements. You'd see I have definitively said Bebe is a huge impediment to peace. I support a fully recognized and functioning partner Palestinian State.

Clearly, I am not an "Israel is always right" person. Of all places in the world, this is nothing but shades of gray.

Last edited:
Are you religious, RJ?

I'm not the one talking about the Israel-Palestine crisis in terms of throwing the first punch.

And that last jab constitutes throwing the first punch, just fyi.

Your response sure looked like it was directed at me. That's why I said what I said.

Israel agrees to the Egyptian brokered ceasefire. They shoot nothing into Gaza. Hamas launches attacks refuses and attacks Israel.

Before the pile-on starts, I will point out that the bolded statement is something we all should agree on.

Yeah, I don't think anyone disagrees, which gets at the fundamental problem with rjkarl's posting habits.

I've said the same thing over and over and over again.

The fundamental problem is that many people see my name start frothing at the mouth and understand they can misrepresent what I say. They know a certain group will support this laziness.

The fundamental problem is that many people see my name start frothing at the mouth and understand they can misrepresent what I say. They know a certain group will support this laziness.

That's not what is happening here, RJ.

Reactions: ONW
I've said the same thing over and over and over again.

I really don't think this is the case here. It may be in other situations but I think this has been a pretty civil discussion. To be honest, you've kind of just responded randomly to posts that you quote with the same lines over and over about Bebe and when people respond you've freaked out.

ekl8j.jpg

I don't want this or other threads to be about me. Those who have taken any time to know me understand this. It would be great if this would simply be about this subject.

Bebe has fired his Deputy Foreign Minister who opposed the ceasefire. Finally Bebe does something right.

I think we can all agree that whatever happens from now on in Gaza is on Hamas. Israel agreed to and lived by the Egyptian ceasefire. Hamas refused to do so.

Some crazy Israelis say they should invade and re-occupy Gaza. Then root out all Hamas supporters before leaving. This would be terrible for all involved.

P.S. I did edit post #127.

I don't think we all agree that whatever happens from now on in Gaza is on Hamas. I absolutely do not agree with that.

Both sides will always be to blame.

Back