• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At least 172 Palestinians killed, 1,280 injured, UN says 77% are civilians

Nine Killed in Gaza as Palestinian Protesters Face Off With Israeli Soldiers

With tear gas and burning tires fouling the air and gunfire periodically ringing out from one direction, Palestinian demonstrators and Israeli soldiers faced off along the fence hemming in the Gaza Strip for a second week on Friday. Nine Palestinians were killed, including two teenagers, and a thousand were wounded, Palestinian officials said.

The demonstrations were smaller than those last week, when 22 people were killed. But the death toll was significant, despite a pledge by Hamas, the militant group that controls Gaza, that the protest would be peaceful, and by Israel that it had learned from last week and would use live fire judiciously.

AP correspondent:

No inquiry into Gaza border deaths, says Israeli defense minister

That’s 30 people max and met by pro- Israeli counter protest.

Palestine Lies

Hundreds March in Tel Aviv in Solidarity With Gaza Following Deadly Protests

3709352619.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/m.jpost.com/Jerusalem-Report/A-view-from-the-frontlines-480829/amp

A year working as a journalist in Israel and the Palestinian territories made Hunter Stuart rethink his positions on the conflict.

“IN THE summer of 2015, just three days after I moved to Israel for a year-and-a-half stint freelance reporting in the region, I wrote down my feelings about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. A friend of mine in New York had mentioned that it would be interesting to see if living in Israel would change the way I felt. My friend probably suspected that things would look differently from the front-row seat, so to speak.

Before I moved to Jerusalem, I was very pro-Palestinian. Almost everyone I knew was. I grew up Protestant in a quaint, politically correct New England town; almost everyone around me was liberal. And being liberal in America comes with a pantheon of beliefs: You support pluralism, tolerance and diversity. You support gay rights, access to abortion and gun control.
The belief that Israel is unjustly bullying the Palestinians is an inextricable part of this pantheon. Most progressives in the US view Israel as an aggressor, oppressing the poor noble Arabs who are being so brutally denied their freedom.
“I believe Israel should relinquish control of all of the Gaza Strip and most of the West Bank,” I wrote on July 11, 2015, from a park near my new apartment in Jerusalem’s Baka neighborhood. “The occupation is an act of colonialism that only creates suffering, frustration and despair for millions of Palestinians.”

— and then he got Woke, Red-pilled..

Interesting article. Reading the description of the Palestinians they sound a lot like the current American right-wing in regards to their latching onto fake conspiracy theories.

I already thought that the window for a 2 state solution had passed, but those maps just confirm it. Jews may already comprise less than half of the population of Israeli-controlled areas and demographics will confirm that irrevocably in 10 years if not less. Israel has committed itself to a future of functioning as a non-democratic apartheid state. As long as the US backs this they will find a way to make it work, but at some point a reckoning will come and it will not be pretty.

Palestinians will never settle for a Two State solution. The religions have to coexist in Israel.

Back