• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 150: The End's Not Near

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, great name. Further cements the destiny he will one day fulfill leading these boards out of darkness and into an era of great prosperity.

THE NAME IS MOSES! Fuckin' rad, dudes. Even Satan is on board, since this is one metal bro, even if misguided:

moses-001.jpg

Congratulations AWAR and HTTD! He looks like he's ready to be a tailgating champ.

Also, great name. Further cements the destiny he will one day fulfill leading these boards out of darkness and into an era of great prosperity.

I hope it works better than last time.

EZERkko.jpg

Seriously, when I'm like 900 years old I hope my guns are still all ripped up like that. Guarantee he's rocking a tight sixer under that toga.

Congratulations to aWaR and HTTD!

AWAR has been talking about babies since before the internet, so this is a day of fulfillment and wonder.

the neutral milk hotel concert last night was the most white people i've ever seen at a philadelphia event but hoo boy it was amazing

is someone microwaving fish y/y

Townie, what the hell is going on at your workplace? Wanna spill the beans instead of throwing tidbits at us?

i'm gonna let him enjoy NMH but i am also curious

What will the AWARHTTD baby be? What are Townie's workplace discussions? Will RTQ's neighbor dog stop barking ever? Find out, on CT

I'm sure the deliverables are not being processed efficiently by the organizational culture and somehow the "know-how's" and "what-to-dos" are being delegated by a management structure that isn't equipped to appropriately prioritize the workflow.

i mean how much workplace drama can there really be at a non-profit?

how much work can there be

hehe didn't know y'all cared

so i do work for a nonprofit, but we have ~600MM in revenue, so it's not a tiny place devoid of work or bureaucracy or office drama like any other workplace

i work in the publishing wing, and i've only recently gotten out of editorial and into a middle management role of strategy, an analyst role, thus why i was in my first sorta high level meeting

we just did a rebrand, with a new website, new logo, lots of new stuff, getting our name on the building, etc.

anyway, the source of my comment yesterday was basically about how little our department was consulted on the association website

granted, it's not for publishing, we have our own sites, it's more about grants, jobs, outreach, advocacy, our lobbying arm, etc.

but they did some dumb stuff with the rollout from a digital strategy standpoint, and it would have made sense to have talked to us, the division with 300-400MM page views and a comprehensive digital strategy, to ask if we had any advice

ultimately now, it'd be like putting little patches on an expensive new system that looks shiny but doesn't have much usability; it's lacking in UX/UI, SEO, they didn't really consider platform and audience, they just basically handed the reins over to a design firm and made it look nice

I've had some similar issues to Townie on a much smaller level trying to get my firm to adapt. They've been family owned since 1926 and there are three distinct generations among the 4 attorneys so ideas like giving clients (or their children) electronic copies of their documents on branded thumb drives has been a hard pitch to make.

We are trying (slowly) to become a paperless office. I'm the only attorney that doesn't dictate my time or correspondence for "one of the girls" to take care of.

I've had some similar issues to Townie on a much smaller level trying to get my firm to adapt. They've been family owned since 1926 and there are three distinct generations among the 4 attorneys so ideas like giving clients (or their children) electronic copies of their documents on branded thumb drives has been a hard pitch to make.

We are trying (slowly) to become a paperless office. I'm the only attorney that doesn't dictate my time or correspondence for "one of the girls" to take care of.

Yeah there's also just an issue of who does what. We have one Communications department that runs all of our media, whether that's press releases, policy statements, or social media. Where it gets complicated it that we have a really heterogeneous audience. Grant administrators at NIH/NCI, Senate appropriations, journalists, clinicians, patients, and researchers. So there's a lot of different needs there, you need to write for a lay audience ~half the time and a science audience ~half the time. Certain platforms work really well for each of those communications. They're really good at the press releases, getting stuff picked up by print/TV media, and advocating in Congress. The newer wave, like social media, is not being handled particularly well, nor is the science communication part. I've been angling to get those communications handled by our department, which is really fairly homogeneous in terms of audience and needs; it should be scientists talking to scientists about science.

Holy shit, man. That's prehistoric.

Boards congrats y'all. Also there is a complete red skins outfit in the (giant) bag of clothes I have for y'all.

But honestly I had put that in the much smaller gender neutral pile I made originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back