• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 150: The End's Not Near

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only person in the world who doesn't like Pimento or Palmetto Cheese...

we tried some good pimento cheese from Teeter that was made in #greensboroisashithole

rtq/ fairly sure I've never had pimento or palmetto cheese before /rtq

I don't think I've had it either. I didn't eat cheese after a certain point growing up and I don't think I've had the opportunity of late to remedy that.

So apparently I have woken my wife up each of the last two nights by shaking and whimpering and hollering unintelligibly. I don't know anything about it, but I guess I got me some night terror issues.

I've done this a few times as well. One time I woke myself up in the midst of it with the weirdest guttural yell coming out of my mouth.

My fiance hasn't slept much the past two nights and she told me today that she can't believe I wake up feeling refreshed at all considering how much I toss and turn in the night.

Yeah there's also just an issue of who does what. We have one Communications department that runs all of our media, whether that's press releases, policy statements, or social media. Where it gets complicated it that we have a really heterogeneous audience. Grant administrators at NIH/NCI, Senate appropriations, journalists, clinicians, patients, and researchers. So there's a lot of different needs there, you need to write for a lay audience ~half the time and a science audience ~half the time. Certain platforms work really well for each of those communications. They're really good at the press releases, getting stuff picked up by print/TV media, and advocating in Congress. The newer wave, like social media, is not being handled particularly well, nor is the science communication part. I've been angling to get those communications handled by our department, which is really fairly homogeneous in terms of audience and needs; it should be scientists talking to scientists about science.

The last phrase is one that so many seem to miss: scientists talking to scientists about science.

The hardest thing to do well is have scientists talk to non-scientists about science and make it understandable.

rtq/ fairly sure I've never had pimento or palmetto cheese before /rtq

well I've definitely had both. ipity makes some pretty great pimento cheese too.

I don't think I've had it either. I didn't eat cheese after a certain point growing up and I don't think I've had the opportunity of late to remedy that.

you stopped eating cheese? poor soul.

Uncle Chris's pimento cheese is the tits.

So apparently I have woken my wife up each of the last two nights by shaking and whimpering and hollering unintelligibly. I don't know anything about it, but I guess I got me some night terror issues.
Birdie has had night terrors for 2 years now. It suuuucks. Very LBH of her.

I make some damn good pimento cheese if I'm up to the task. the key is actually grating the cheese and using Duke's mayo.

man on the moon 2 is one of my favorite albums of all-time and i don't care who knows it

I've done this a few times as well. One time I woke myself up in the midst of it with the weirdest guttural yell coming out of my mouth.

My fiance hasn't slept much the past two nights and she told me today that she can't believe I wake up feeling refreshed at all considering how much I toss and turn in the night.

Wifey says that I hop a lot in my sleep. Like when I go from laying on my side to my back or vice versa that I actually get air.

Woot first tomatoes in the farm share gonna go #hams tonight

will be so glad when our Congressional briefing is over tomorrow afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back