• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 150: The End's Not Near

Status
Not open for further replies.
$13/drink? I'd just stop going out at that point. I'd turn to Jesus and sobriety and call it a day.

Man, I don't even know. It was pretty cool, but I'm with you. Doesn't seem like a good business model.

Plus, shit was like $13/drink. I'm used to the $3 craft drafts in Winston. This is all a rude awakening.

well I guess that helps explains part of how it makes money

Yeah. First bar was fine but that was some sticker shock at this place. And like I blindly used $20s for the first two drinks and didn't check the change all that closely, so it didn't register until the third drink there exactly how much I had spent.

So my brother of the chalkboard painted car is in the first week of his 3-4 week roadtrip out to Seattle. They just left the Badlands, which look AWESOME. This was their camping spot:

qn71c3.jpg

And yet they STILL got some peeps writing on the car there!

29cq7a1.jpg

This could get scary - like I imagine a movie where they wake up to all of these demonic drawings on the car and they're in a place where no one could have gotten to it or something.

You need to check out Prancercising, AWAR. I think leebs did it some.

YO LEEBUS, I'm jealous of your standing desk. I gotta get on that level.

you pretty much just stand up. that's the level.

ooooo but you can't without the standing desk. i'm totally getting a cup holder for it.

You need to check out Prancercising, AWAR. I think leebs did it some.

not sure how it would work as you push a stroller and might be too jostling for someone wearing a wee babe.

hey, awar, new CT - go have that baby!

my buddy and his family are off to switzerland for a week of glacier skiing

sigh

the lives of the 1%ers

Madness is about to descend upon HB again. Next week is the world Surfing Championship. They have already built about 15-20,000 bleacher seats, a 2-3 story plexiglass pavilion and a bunch of out buildings. The throngs will start invading tomorrow.

Madness is about to descend upon HB again. Next week is the world Surfing Championship. They have already built about 15-20,000 bleacher seats, a 2-3 story plexiglass pavilion and a bunch of out buildings. The throngs will start invading tomorrow.

is this the same event that had all the riots last summer?

did the government pay for this standing desk? #taxes

standing desks sound like a cool idea. if i had to work in a cubicle i would probably try and get one

is this the same event that had all the riots last summer?

Yep....they have changed some things. Less vendors, more security.

My favorite one was about twenty years ago. There was a Hawaiian Tropic bikini contest. Two kids jumped on stage and started untying the girls' tops. A couple of the girls thought it would be fun and untied their own.

The cops started chasing the guys. People tried to block the cops. Other cops drove their car onto the beach. Of course it got stuck in the deep sand. It took about 20-30 more cops to get their buddies out the stranded car.

I think the laughing and other girls throwing their tops at cops pissed the cops even more.

did you ever hit up the hermosa beach yacht club back in the day?

Nope.....not much into the yacht club scene...

it is a yacht club in name only, one of the best dive bars in the south bay

apparently they had some notorious bikini contest in 1980s that eventually got shut down for good

Ahh, my bad didn't know about it. When I lived in the Marina, we didn't get much past Venice or Santa Monica or BH.

I did hang with the Soul Train Dancers at The Speakeasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back