• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moving to Salisbury

Almost every town of any significance in the southeast is trying to lure that Stone Brewery.

And since they need 15 acres minimum, it's going to be on the outskirts of any decent sized city anyway. I don't see it being the "destination" that others are trumpeting. It definitely won't fit into the existing beer culture in Charlotte that is quickly settling on NoDa and Southend as the destination spots. That said, I'd be happy to have them.

I forgot how much southerners care about the differences in towns that are all pretty much the same

I remember a few years ago I was trying to reconnect with an old high school chickadee and she was telling me about how she had moved away to Cornelius (from Mooresville, all of maybe 15 minutes with traffic) but found the distance too far from the family and had recently moved back

Similarly, my aunt just bought a car. It was between a small Cadillac and a Honda Accord. She liked the Accord more, but went with the Cadillac because she didn't want to have to go "out of town" to get it serviced. The "out of town" dealership is 10.3 miles and 13 minutes away from her house.

I suppose you'll be switching to Sarum-use then, for the liturgy?

Every fast food joint known to man is off the 85 exit there, so you have that going for you. In teaching me good eating habits my rents used to always stop off there coming back from college games to Charlotte

And Stone Brewing is looking at Ohio and Virginia, having eliminated NC and SC for being too far south. So fuck Stone Brewing.

Hey Rev congrats, I'm all in with the move!

I'd love to see you preach sometime although other than a Deac event I'm hardly up that way.

Back