• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 151: Proud to be a Demon Deacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first person version of "you do you"?

Nah, do more stuff independently. Like, I just bought a bike and I'm going to sign up for a Sprint Marathon which will require me to spend a couple hours 5-6 days/week training for it. I also want to play in a Sunday soccer league with wakephan.

Most importantly I don't want to feel guilty when its a random Tuesday night and I tell [Redacted] that I just want to kick it by myself and maybe play some FIFA or something. I need to have evenings like that.

She sounds like a Stage 5 Clinger.

The first person version of "you do you"?

Nah, do more stuff independently. Like, I just bought a bike and I'm going to sign up for a Sprint Marathon which will require me to spend a couple hours 5-6 days/week training for it. I also want to play in a Sunday soccer league with wakephan.

Most importantly I don't want to feel guilty when its a random Tuesday night and I tell [Redacted] that I just want to kick it by myself and maybe play some FIFA or something. I need to have evenings like that.

Good luck with that last part. She may tell you she's fine with it but my guess is you still feel guilty because deep down, you will know she's not. Or you will be made to feel guilty. :noidea:

Also are you seriously trying to sell us on "I cheated because I don't have enough "me" time?" Guess she's buying but that reads like #bullshit to me.

Great. It is a pretty sweet league and website. I just don't really want to play at a level where it is more beer league than competition, and I don't want teams forfeiting games left and right. That's pretty much it. If the division isn't competitive enough for us (and I kind of doubt that, based on our recent playing histories), we can always move up next year. OR, get the FORNERS promoted!

Yeah I checked out the scores and standings and you may be right about D5. I just sent you an email about playing for a D3 team that is looking for players. Let me know what you think.

Dude, one of these days we should hit the VELODROME for some cycle training!

IN

Good luck with that last part. She may tell you she's fine with it but my guess is you still feel guilty because deep down, you will know she's not. Or you will be made to feel guilty. :noidea:

Also are you seriously trying to sell us on "I cheated because I don't have enough "me" time?" Guess she's buying but that reads like #bullshit to me.

I think that we've now talked about it, and vowed to spend more time apart and doing our own thing, I won't feel as bad about it. We'll see.

And no that was not my excuse at all. I don't have an excuse. I could blame the excessive amount of booze I drank or the fact that I was cooped up all week in my mom's house, but I won't. I was an idiot and I still feel horrible.

She sounds like a Stage 5 Clinger.

mknh0Yl.jpg

Probably because you're a woman with self-confidence and value.

Anyone watched Downloaded the documentary about Napster on Netflix. I miss the glory days of Napster. You #youngbloods won't remember, but it was THAT SHIT for what seemed like forever (really more like a year).

Anyone watched Downloaded the documentary about Napster on Netflix. I miss the glory days of Napster. You #youngbloods won't remember, but it was THAT SHIT for what seemed like forever (really more like a year).

Napster was awesome.

I remember where it got to the point where you had to intentionally misspell songs/artists to find what you wanted.

Kazaa came after Napster for me. I never got on any of the other services.

Then I figured out how to search Google Blogs to download full albums.

I know, I think I downloaded Napster for like a week and then switched to Kazaa. Just pointing out how SUPERIOR it was.

Napster was pretty much neutered by the courts by the time Kazaa even came out. YJDK #youngblood YJDK

Fo sho

Napster's beginnings coinciding with my freshman year of college was pretty amazing

Oh and AIM

aimicon.jpg

Napster and starting at Wake were phenomenal for music. Other students would have their entire mp3 files on the shared drive for the school. Just had to search around and find who has it all open and out there. Between that and Napster, so many free songs.

I still don't get why one would feel guilty about that

I know, I think I downloaded Napster for like a week and then switched to Kazaa. Just pointing out how SUPERIOR it was.

#mellenial

I was also a fan of Limewire.

and yeah Brasky no relationship or person could possibly be worth feeling guilty for wanting some time to yourself. cheating is bad, but so is requiring to be together at all times. ugh, shudder.

I don't think I was allowed to use the internet without parental supervision when Napster was in its prime. Maybe? I don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back