• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 151: Proud to be a Demon Deacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Morpheus? There were a few services out there that paralleled Napster's rise, but until Napster got fucked by LARS, none of them were very highly used. I remember trying to find a replacement for Napster when it died. Tried LimeWire, WinMX, Morpheus, etc. hated all of them.

yeah Kazaa was the only good Napster clone.

I got an Oink invite but I got too freaked out about getting arrested or something

Oh yeah we definitely used MyTunes my freshmen year at BAMA. Got music from all the peeps on my floor. And this weirdo AV Club kid named Jeb gave me the entire Sopranos series which I watched on my laptop. And who can forget making their first "private" folder that kept the real goodies.

nothing better than sitting down at your IBM Thinkpad to fire up MyTunes and WIN Stalk the chick you met at the party last night

I miss Oink. It's funny how Spotify has made all these services obsolete.

One of two co-founders of Napster, Sean Parker, is a pretty big investor with Spotify. Dat dude is rollin in it. Started Napster, first president of thefacebook.com, on board at Spotify... $buckets

fairly remarkable in retrospect that they actually turned the public's habits into paying for music again

Fo sho

Napster's beginnings coinciding with my freshman year of college was pretty amazing

Oh and AIM

aimicon.jpg

03 till I die!

One of two co-founders of Napster, Sean Parker, is a pretty big investor with Spotify. Dat dude is rollin in it. Started Napster, first president of thefacebook.com, on board at Spotify... $buckets

And he was portrayed by JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

oh no doubt

he's well known to throw arab money around LA and Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back