• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Heard this on 102 Jamz the other day. Has anyone ever seen a more ghetto music video in their lives? I'd like to see if anyone can top that. To clarify though, this is an awful song.

I just realized: my list of "stuff I have to listen to before I make my 2012 list" is about as long as my current "everything I've listened to in 2012" list.

Gonna try to binge on some of this backlog over the next week or so. Tonight is Twin Shadow's Confess. So far, it's awesome.

I just realized: my list of "stuff I have to listen to before I make my 2012 list" is about as long as my current "everything I've listened to in 2012" list.

Gonna try to binge on some of this backlog over the next week or so. Tonight is Twin Shadow's Confess. So far, it's awesome.

I was really well caught up til I spilled beer on my comp. I have memory, but no tangible research or notes or whatever. So I only really have my impressions unless I wanna start over. I know what I love, but I don't really know what else. I think there is enough really good music this year to make a good list though.

Heard this on 102 Jamz the other day. Has anyone ever seen a more ghetto music video in their lives? I'd like to see if anyone can top that. To clarify though, this is an awful song.

Did 102 Jamz censor the N word when they played it, cause if they did there probably wasn't much left to play. I think that dude might be walking around in Gucci slippers.

The Mynabirds' Generals sucks shit. I mean, there are one or two awesome songs on there ("Wolf Mother", "Generals"), but good God, the rest of that album was tough to get through. I don't know what happened to them; What We Lost in the Fire was one of my favorite albums of 2010.

Nothing matches my disappointment at this year's Titus Andronicus. I hate the new album. I've listened to it a dozen times and I hated it more every time. And The Monitor was a huge highlight of the year for me. Sad.

"Body of Work" is a fucking trainwreck, for example. It sounds like somebody approached the band and asked them to make an anthem for a new Donkey Kong Country and the band happily obliged but only if they were permitted to chant "YOU ARE THE BODY OF WORK" for a minute straight.

Nothing matches my disappointment at this year's Titus Andronicus. I hate the new album. I've listened to it a dozen times and I hated it more every time. And The Monitor was a huge highlight of the year for me. Sad.

I don't hate it, but it's not Titus Andronicus to me. It sounds way too processed, I think... It lost a lot of the magic of The Airing of Grievances. Plus there were no bagpipes.

I was lucky enough to see Neil Young last night in Philly. Holy fuck if he is not the greatest most bad ass dude around. Over 2 hours of pure bliss. Patti Smith opened and rocked as well.

Jelly, discdude definitely need to see him.
Seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band at the state Senate building in Harrisburg tonight.

This year was full of letdowns for me. I was disappointed or under-enthused about new records from guys I have always really liked, and didn't come across as much new stuff as I would have liked.

Making a mid year list was borderline painful.

Jelly, discdude definitely need to see him.
Seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band at the state Senate building in Harrisburg tonight.

Snap. I was checked to see if there tickets and it was sold out. Looking at possibly seeing them at keswick. Let me know how the show is.

Snap. I was checked to see if there tickets and it was sold out. Looking at possibly seeing them at keswick. Let me know how the show is.
Silly awesome. Two hour rocking set and two great encores. The crowd was weirdly old and quiet, but the show was so rowdy. All 11 of them fuckin kill it. The Forum is such a cool venue.

Sometimes I wish they'd let Derek go wilder, but I can't complain. The bassist is definitely getting it. Last time I saw them, the Burbridge bros we're both in the band, and tonight Kofi was pretty rad.

I like how he is disgusted at himself and mocking his pop success.

I saw Neil Young last night. I thought he was average. His new song Ontario is awful. The band utilizes less stage space than anyone I've ever seen. The bassist had his back turned to the crowd for half the show.

NPR's 50 best of 2012 in alphabetical order

Ab-Soul – Control System Alabama Shakes – Boys And Girls Alisa Weilerstein & Daniel Barenboim – Elgar & Carter Cello Concertos Alt-J – An Awesome Wave Andy Stott – Luxury Problems Astro – Astro Simon Rattle & The Berlin Philharmonic – Bach: St. Matthew Passion Bobby Womack – The Bravest Man In The Universe Bomba Estereo - Elegancia Tropical Brooklyn Rider – Seven Steps Cafe Tacvba – El Objeto Antes Llamado Disco Carla Morrison – Dejenme Llorar Cat Power – Sun Cody ChesnuTT – Landing On A Hundred Dan Deacon – America Death Grips – NO LOVE DEEP WEB Debo Band – Debo Band Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan Dwight Yoakam – 3 Pears Exitmusic – Passage Fiona Apple – The Idler Wheel… Flying Lotus – Until The Quiet Comes Frank Ocean – Channel Orange Fun. – Some Nights Homeboy Sandman – First Of A Living Breed Iris DeMent – Sing The Delta Janka Nabay & The Bubu Gang – En Yay Sah Japandroids – Celebration Rock Karriem Riggins – Alone Together Kendrick Lamar – Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City Killer Mike – R.A.P. Music Leila Josefowicz – Salonen: Violin Concerto Leonard Cohen – Old Ideas Matt Ulery – By A Little Light Meek Mill – Dreamchasers 2 Miguel – Kaleidoscope Dream Neneh Cherry & The Thing – The Cherry Thing Now, Now – Threads Pallbearer – Sorrow And Extinction Patrick Watson – Adventures In Your Own Backyard Pink – The Truth About Love Regina Spektor – What We Saw From The Cheap Seats San Francisco Symphony/Michael Tilson Thomas –Adams: Harmonielehre/Short Ride In A Fast Machine Sharon Van Etten – Tramp Swans – The Seer Ty Segall – Twins The Very Best – MTMTMK Vijay Iyer Trio – Accelerando Wadada Leo Smith – Ten Freedom Summers The 2 Bears – Be Strong

Back