• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

whaaa.. dispatch is back together? Time to revisit High School.

Also, Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) was on Jimmy Fallon Monday night. Fallon must be a huge fan, because he interviewed Vernon beforehand. He and a piano player covered Bonnie Raitt's I Can't Make You Love Me.

This was a really awesome appearance. Also, I realized for the first time that I've been incorrectly pronouncing Bon Iver for a couple of years now.

I've been using the hillbilly pronunciation "Bahn I've-ur," when it's actually pronounced Frenchishly - "Bone Ee-vair."

2uid5zo.gif

Sort of a play on the French for good winter. It enriched his earlier work a lot to think about him holed up in a cabin in Vermont over the long winter. I am so perplexed by the stuff I've heard from his new album. New instruments!

Townie! I eagerly anticipate your review of Bon Iver, Bon Iver!

I really like it. Very complex and enjoyable to unwind the sounds and lyrics.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Thanks qc.

My parents got me my flight to Lolla as a birthday present FTMFW!

That's awesome Townie. In addition to the great lineup and setting, it wouldn't surprise me if there are some really cool pairings or special guests given it's the 20th anniversary.

Those lineups are amazingly good IAI. I wasn't expecting much given the name of the festival, but Friday and Sunday look really strong.

Been listening to the new Circuital album today and definitely like it. Wish there were more songs on it and the last two are a little slow for my taste. Victory Dance gives me chills when I listen to it though. Amazing buildup.

The new MMJ is godawful imo.

New Bon Iver is pretty dope, but there are a couple tracks where he is pushing Lionel Richie territory with the cheezy 80s synth.

I cant stop listening to that new YACHT single, Dystopia.

All for now.

I'll add that in working on my mid year top 50 tracks. If anybody has any suggestions of local stuff or things I may not have heard, shoot me a pm.

Watching/listening to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. They are definitely interesting.

Of course, I really like bands who use a Hammond B-3 well.

The new MMJ is godawful imo.

Based on a quick listen, I like the title track a lot. The rest, I'm not so sure about. But one thing I've learned about about MMJ records is that the way I feel after one listen is different than the way I feel after three.

From the Lolla lineup: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.

Awesome band name.

Watching/listening to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. They are definitely interesting.

Of course, I really like bands who use a Hammond B-3 well.

Have you heard the Grace Potter cover of Cortez the Killer? I posted it on the cover songs thread a while back. It's awesome, Joe Satriani is on it as well.

Back