• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Fleet Foxes playing in downtown Raleigh....2 days before Say Hey Deac Jr projected due date.

Fleet Foxes playing in downtown Raleigh....2 days before Say Hey Deac Jr projected due date.

I was sorta iffy on seeing FF but a girl talked me into it. Not the most upbeat show ever, but they were really good live, imo. They were really tight vocally and pretty much nailed all the complicated harmonies that they use.

Defs worth the price of admission.

Anyone ever seen Real Estate live? Considering checking them in a few weeks.

I think we're going to get tickets and then hope the wife has the baby during the encore. That would be pretty tight.

Highly recommend going to see Fleet Foxes as I saw them in Atlanta and thought they were great. They may not have the most pump up music and the crowd can be subdued, but they sound amazing live. I think the setlist has been the same for every concert on this tour, but they played everything I wanted to hear.

The Sea and Cake playing at the 506 on November 11th. I'll be there.

Highly recommend going to see Fleet Foxes as I saw them in Atlanta and thought they were great. They may not have the most pump up music and the crowd can be subdued, but they sound amazing live. I think the setlist has been the same for every concert on this tour, but they played everything I wanted to hear.

Same show, bro!

Just bought the latest by Mumford and Sons. Never heard of them before yesterday but I'm diggin' it.

Centro-matic releases album today

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of Centro-Matic, a Will Johnson band from Texas, but they have a new album out today:

http://www.myspace.com/centromatic/music/albums/candidate-waltz-17716265

Triggers and Trash Heaps is one of my favorite records of all time.

They are playing in Atlanta, Athens, CHapel Hill, and DC this week and weekend. Will Johnson is a great live performer.

Think Athens has some sort of small music festival this weekend they are playing.

By the way did anyone see Bon Iver on The Colbert Report last night. Really liked him live and that may be the push I need to check out more of his stuff.

Huge week in music with new Michael Bolton and Weird Al albums dropping.

By the way did anyone see Bon Iver on The Colbert Report last night. Really liked him live and that may be the push I need to check out more of his stuff.

I am seeing him live in ATL in July. I like him enough, but not sure how that's gonna translate at a concert. The new album is just so so for me. A bit too much 80s synth and autotuneish effects.

Listening to the new YACHT record on npr.com right now. Halfway through and liking it a lot. Not typically the type of music I like, but it's very cool.

Good call TheTwinAndreBen. Disagree with your review of Circuital though.

Back