• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

This will defs be my first concert at MPP. I'm excited. I've heard it's a great venue.

Anything I should know beforehand?

This will defs be my first concert at MPP. I'm excited. I've heard it's a great venue.

Anything I should know beforehand?

You're lucky I'm at lunch....off the top of my head:

-Park in the main lots (free), they'll exit relatively quickly and should dump you right on 29 South to go straight to DC. However one lot will be used for a stage so it may fill up early. If so, park across the street at the mall.

-Tailgating is probably fine in the lots, don't quote me on that depends on how the cops feel. Definitely don't tailgate in the mall. Private lots where you'd pay is whatever you want. What you can/can't bring in should be posted, I'm guessing no lawn chairs.

-Lots of people dig the artwork scattered around the perimeter of the lawn

-The pavilion itself will fill up quick, capacity is something like 6k. Sometimes there are wristbands, sometimes not. If not its one in, one out. So basically you can't really leave or else you'll lose your spot. Zero idea what they'll do this year, those orders come from the festival people.

-I'm guessing TV on the Radio then The Black Keys will close out the pavilion stage and Cee-Lo then Deadmau5 will close out the temporary stage in the parking lot. Usually staggered so you could see like 30 minutes of both if you wanted but you'd be pretty far away.

-24 oz beers are $10, lots of mixed drinks options floating around too. There will be a lot of different food vendors all over the place.

-Lots of shade in the areas that aren't looking towards the stage. But where you'll be watching the music will be directly in the sun.

That's all I can think of for now, ask away :plos:

That is exactly some of the wisdom I was looking for. Thanks!

Tallboys for $10 isn't too horrible a price for bearz. I'll have to rope whoever gets my second ticket into driving lulz.

You might get more bang for your buck with some of the mixed drinks/frozen margaritas, also has some beers that are more than the standard bud/bud light/bud light limes. And now that I think about it the $10 might be for the 16 oz aluminum bottles. I don't drink there so if I remember I'll check next time I walk by a concession stand.

Palladia has one hour of Soundgarden's 2010 Lolla performance...might even be on VH1 Classic too.

Just wanted to point out that "Queen of Diamonds" by Motopony was on one of Townie's download mixes from January and is this week's Pick of the Week at Starbucks.

Just wanted to point out that "Queen of Diamonds" by Motopony was on one of Townie's download mixes from January and is this week's Pick of the Week at Starbucks.

Starbucks. Now that's some mighty high praise.

The point is that the man was months ahead of Starbucks. It's like someone drinking coffee before Starbucks ever existed.

You're lucky I'm at lunch....off the top of my head:

-Park in the main lots (free), they'll exit relatively quickly and should dump you right on 29 South to go straight to DC. However one lot will be used for a stage so it may fill up early. If so, park across the street at the mall.

-Tailgating is probably fine in the lots, don't quote me on that depends on how the cops feel. Definitely don't tailgate in the mall. Private lots where you'd pay is whatever you want. What you can/can't bring in should be posted, I'm guessing no lawn chairs.

-Lots of people dig the artwork scattered around the perimeter of the lawn

-The pavilion itself will fill up quick, capacity is something like 6k. Sometimes there are wristbands, sometimes not. If not its one in, one out. So basically you can't really leave or else you'll lose your spot. Zero idea what they'll do this year, those orders come from the festival people.

-I'm guessing TV on the Radio then The Black Keys will close out the pavilion stage and Cee-Lo then Deadmau5 will close out the temporary stage in the parking lot. Usually staggered so you could see like 30 minutes of both if you wanted but you'd be pretty far away.

-24 oz beers are $10, lots of mixed drinks options floating around too. There will be a lot of different food vendors all over the place.

-Lots of shade in the areas that aren't looking towards the stage. But where you'll be watching the music will be directly in the sun.

That's all I can think of for now, ask away :plos:

Can you get me tickets for The National/Yo La Tengo/Wye Oak on September 6? :)

Seriously I just wanted to know the capacity of the venue, so thanks for including in your post.

Venue itself is somewhere around 18,500-19k depending on how the close seats are arranged or if its an open pit

So, 6000 seats and about 12000 lawn/general admission?

Back