• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

MPP is a pretty cool venue. Its similar to Walnut Creek (Ral), Blockbuster (CLT), and Lakewood (ATL), but smaller and older, which gives it more character.

I've seen WSP and Phish there.

MPP is a cool venue only if you can get in the pavilion. The lawn is awful. The sound sucks on the lawn and it's hard to see the stage. It's a really pretty venue though. I've had plenty of fun there in the past.

Two new mixes from Townie :D

Mix 1

1. Tigers - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
2. Only in my Double Mind - Centro-Matic
3. Recognise - Oscar & Martin
4. Wupp Dek - Robag Wruhme
5. I Forgot to Fall - Fruit Tree Foundation
6. Laced Cheeba - Wu-Tang Clan
7. Why Can't We - Asa
8. Perfect Day - Cassettes Won't Listen
9. Spells - Holiday Shores
10. Bury Me Standing - Handsome Furs
11. Far Away - Washed Out
12. Pressure - Samiyam
13. All My Friends - Little Horn

link - http://www.mediafire.com/?ncrpev7n4p2e2pn

Mix 2
1. Trouble On My Mind - Pusha T & Tyler, The Creator
2. Otis - Jay-Z & Kanye West
3. We Bros - Wu Lyf
4. Loose Heart = Loose Plan - Moonface
5. Maracas - Mates of State
6. Tangie and Ray - Fruit Bats
7. Wasteland - Woodkid
8. I Can Hear the Trains Coming - Mathieu Santos
9. Judy is your Viet Nam - They Might Be Giants
10. The Great God Pan! - Spirits of the Dead
11. Vomit - Girls
12. American Goldwing - Blitzen Trapper
13. Midnight City - M83

link - http://www.mediafire.com/?nuhb1t8t9v1a7bl

I think he's cutting down the frequency at which he delivers mixes so he can focus on quality.

Yeah, I was joking.

His love for Sufjan and some other pretty soft, touchy-feely acts though reminds me of another music hommie of mine who I often accuse of "hating guitars".

Lolz. BrianFellows... gotta hate on Sufjan so hard. If I wasn't sure before, I am now.

Can you get me tickets for The National/Yo La Tengo/Wye Oak on September 6? :)

I couldn't get tickets for myself for a show that only had 3000 people there, but I just checked my schedule and thats the day after our Labor Day opener against Miami so I won't be there, will need to recuperate.

Also just noticed Drive-By Truckers are opening for Dylan Tue 8/16 thanks to a billboard on my way to work this morning

That is exactly some of the wisdom I was looking for. Thanks!

Tallboys for $10 isn't too horrible a price for bearz. I'll have to rope whoever gets my second ticket into driving lulz.

Ok so it was $8.50 for 24 oz of your typical domestics and $9.50 for imports, although I think Coronas *might* be $10. Wine was $9. Did not check on mixed drinks. I'll try and do some more snooping next time.

Caught Gillian Welch and David Rawlings at the Millennium Center tonight. Great as always. David Rawlings is a freakin' god on acoustic guitar.

Back